Diamond-Chrismas-Door/Balcony Decorating

cruzfool

Any CC folks sailing with us on the Diamond for Christmas wish to join in by decorating their door or balcony?

We decorate for each cruise, usually something off season and wacky to get people talking, but this time I actually will use Christmas stuff.

Yes its fun and mainly we do it to be able to find our cabin but also a good ice breaker for conversation people walking down the hall. Can't tell you how many people have told us Thanks - when we see your decorations we know we're going the right way!

We'll also be decorating our dinner table on Christmas day.

Look for us on Baja deck -you'll know its our room & plan to join in by decorating too.

See you on board.

Cruzfool

I'd say any good dollar store - that way you can buy a bunch of c*** and throw it away :) I get a tablecloth or door cover and then stick stuff on it, bows, ribbon etc.

I am on a quest for battery operated lighted garland for the balcony. I love being on the pier and looking up and seeing my cabin..course who knows if we're on the right side this time. It may sound hokey now but it really is fun.

See you onboard....do stop by to say hi .

Cruz

Thanks for the ideas...!! Yeah, deocorating the balcony sounds like a cool idea too! I am going to check what could a local store for us - Treasure Island - if anyone would have battery operated holiday decorations, it would be them. I wonder if Wal-mart would too.

It doesn't sound hokey at all... sounds like good creative fun to us.

Ok, see you then!

Ben & Judy

Ok, Cruzfool, they can be had for a 1.99 each. How many do you want me to bring for you? It will only cost 1.99 plus $3,700 Shipping and Handling.

Found them at Treasure Island - probably none in TX - it's a local NJ Holiday Craft store.

Cruise ships dont allow lights on the balconies. Dont be surprised if your cabin steward removes them. I was disappointed one cruise but after he explained to me that ships need a certain amount of lights going one way or another to let other ships know which way they were heading I understood--so I just decorated inside the cabin.

We are sailing on Valentines day and I did get heart shape lights for the inside of the room.

Ben, LOL. You must be an entrepeneur!!! Don't you think free S&H would be appropriate...it is Christmas after all :)

Looks like we'll be hanging our lights inside, oh well.

Talking of Treasure Island, no I don't think we have any in Houston but I need to check at Walmart.

Thanks for the laugh...15 days & countin.

Cruz

Hubby and I were on Island Princess to Hawaii 11/05-11/20 and I decorated the door with a plastic lei and a few cocktail napkins with an island motif - - also put up a picture of our Bichon Frise taken with the fall decorations on our front porch. Not one person except our room steward mentioned the decorations but someone must have liked the picture of our dog as it was taken. We hope it was someone that was lonely for their own pet.

Archived