Presidents week

Mjasp

For those who sailed on HAL for Presidents week, were there a lot of kids on board? I am sailing with a 14yr old and am hoping there are quite a few teens on board for her to be friends with.

I am planning Presidents week 2010

We took a short "day at the beach cruise" over President's day weekend on cunard. There was tons of families from young children to young adults with their parents. You will probably find plenty of families with school age children on a holiday weekend cruise.

Thanks, The rep on the phone also said their would be about 150-200 teens onboard.

I know she will love HAL because she loves dressing for dinner on cruises and loves fine cuisine and the nice life LOL I keep telling her she better do good in school so she can continue this life when she is an adult.

To some extent that will depend on the size of the ship.

I was on the Veendam (an S-class) with my grandgirl for winter vacation this past February. There were some kids and teens on the ship, but not so many that they changed the dynamic of a typical HAL cruise.

A good time was had by all.

When you say the dynamics of a HAL ship, what do you mean, as I have never been on a HAL cruise before. It will be a caribbean sailing if that makes a difference.

There was still a quiet, refined atmosphere aboard.

The kids weren't running through the passageways, or pushing their elders out of the way. I saw no one pushing all the buttons in the elevators.

It was also a Caribbean 7-day cruise.

I think they're are more kids on the 7 day cruises than the 10 or longer. I kept my eye on the Noordam this year, and there weren't any comments about there being "too many" kids. Not as in years past when she sailed out of NYC.

Archived