Medical Emergency on Independence 4/11/09

GWK

While I certainly wouldn't want my vacation cut short by a FEW hours, the only issue is that the affected person was taken care of properly by RCL and medical personnel. The analogy of being in the back woods away from civilization does NOT apply here, this is a floating city for heavan's sake. If a Dr. has certified someone fit to travel and the cruiseline let them on board and then something happened at the END of the cruise the only thing that matters is getting care for that person.... Would hope I would be treated with the same basic decency..and given the privacy I should be given in the situation................

Thats assuming they were cleared by a doctor or they even followed the doctors orders if in fact the doctor told them not to go on a cruise. My analogy does apply.....its making a responsible decision based on a persons medical/health condition. How do you know that the passenger didn't have a medical issue before the cruise and concealed it so as not to lose out on the cruise? You are assuming that the person was healthy and suddenly got sick or had heart trouble.

There is no compelling need to know. Plain and simple, it is just being nosey.

Neither you nor I have any right to know the medical condition of anyone unless they want us to know. Some people want it here because they have to be the first to post it or blab it to everybody else. I guess it makes them feel important. Respect others privacy.

There is no compelling need to know. Plain and simple, it is just being nosey.

Neither you nor I have any right to know the medical condition of anyone unless they want us to know. Some people want it here because they have to be the first to post it or blab it to everybody else. I guess it makes them feel important. Respect others privacy.

Simple questions have simple answers.

What was the medical emergency that required our cruise vacation to be cut short requiring us to arrive in port at 1 am.? If you don't know, no need to respond. Thank you.

In EMS we have the first aid squad the rescue squad and what we call the OO-AH squad. The looky loo's who get thier kicks from others miseries. More secondary accidents are caused by them.

Guest shaverg

Pre existing conditions, doesn't mean you quit living. They have just as much right to take a vacation as anyone. No ones business.

Something could happen to any of us at anytime, without a pre existing condition and your trip could be cut short. Terrible accidents happen all the time vacations. Get over it.

Be nice and have some compassion.

In EMS we have the first aid squad the rescue squad and what we call the OO-AH squad. The looky loo's who get thier kicks from others miseries. More secondary accidents are caused by them.

In the law enforcement field rescue squad or first aid squad people are called blue lighters because they get their kicks speeding around with their blue light shining trying to weave in and out of traffic to get to medical call.......a child with a paper cut. While their work is appreciated, their wannabe racecar driver skills are less desireable. ALL secondary accidents are caused by them.

Now, back to the subject. As previously stated, a pre-existing ailment, such as a heart condition, that was not disclosed by the person with the ailment (hidden from anyone so as to gain access to the ship), that could prevent that person from going on a cruise, should prevent that person from sailing just like a woman in her eighth month of a pregnancy is forbidden.

Archived