Rome Hotel

Our room was older than the executive rooms. It had it's own little hallway with windows that opened into a courtyard of little old ladies doing their dishes and cooking breakfast. Flowers everywhere in pots on the window sills, and roof, and of course all the little old Italian ladies balconies.

A very small wierd shape living room (tv couch, table, another huge window that opened out into a courtyard of nothingness).

A separate bedroom with nightables and dresser.

Bathroom was small, marble, sink, toilet, bidet, amenities, towels clean and plentiful, bathtub made out of cement. Had to give it a try. Very deep, narrow, hard but certainly served the purpose.

Everything was wood panelled.

Breakfast Buffet, toast, fruit, cold cuts, sweet breads, juices, coffee, tea, cheese, hard boiled eggs. Plenty and fresh.

We stayed at the San Carlo in a narrow street off the Sapnish Steps in August last year and got a rate of 140 euro for a double, I'm not sure what the rate is for Oct. It is a small Italian style hotel which suited our needs very well, we were more pleased then we expected to be having read some reviews on Tripadvisor.

I have booked a room at hotel oceania. It is listed in Rick Steve's book and shown on his DVD on Rome. A room for 2 is 129 euros in May which seems to be peak season. The hotel is convenient to the bus stations and the train. The room includes breakfast. http://www.hoteloceania.it

Good luck! Part of the experience is getting a feel for the culture and people. It is a 15 room manor house- hotel.

FYI - The Rome Airport Hilton is running a Spring Special right now and the rate is 129 EUROs for two, including the buffet breakfast. We are going next month and had originally booked at a MUCH higher rate that did not include breakfast.

Thank you so much for this info! The Spring Special was not available on my dates, but I did get a rate $80 less than I had originally reserved. :)

Archived