Which Hilton hotel in Tampa precruise?

ama-sam

We are will arrive in Tampa one day before our cruise on June 28, 2009. We won't have much time with an evening flight (landing at 6:20 pm) - but will want dinner and possibly something entertaining to do/see (it is vacation after all!). A shuttle from the airport and/or to the port would be a bonus, but is not necessary.

We have the Hilton Rewards card and can get a free night at a number of hotels, but I have no idea which one to choose - please help!

• Embassy Suites - Downtown Convention Center
  • Embassy Suites - Airport/Westshore
  • Hilton Garden Inn - Airport/Westshore
  • Hilton Garden Inn - Ybor Historic District
  • Doubletree - Airport/Westshore

(The two Embassy choices are 5,000 more points than the other three - we have the points, but is either worth it?)

Thanks so much for any guidance!

Ally

The Embassy Suites Downtown is going to be the closest to the port. From there you can take the trolley to Channelside for dinner or walk down to Jackson's (great restaurant attached to the Wyndam Harbour Island).

How's the Hilton Garden Inn in Ybor City? That would be the next closest to the port, IIRC.

Haven't stayed there, but heard it is great! :) Nite-life may be a little too much for young un's tho'...;)

Doubletree Suites at Rocky Point is an option.. Less 'points' and they have shuttles both ways..!!:) (not sure if they accept points tho'..)

I JUST got (last night) a really good deal at the Embassy Suites Downtown for $119.00 per night in June... Might be worth it to just pay for the room and use the points elsewhere! THAT is cheap for an Embassy Suites, especially in Tampa..:D

Embassy suites downtown closest to port with dining and entertainment options available within walking distance or by trolley ride.

Next easiest is Hilton Ybor with dining and entertainment option in walking distance, all others you will need a car or cab from hotel. I am not sure, but I believe Embassy suite downtown offers a shuttle from airport and most likely port as port is within walking distance of hotel. (with luggage may be a problem but easily walked without.)

I booked the Embassy - downtown convention center. Everyone seemed to think it was a great hotel/great location and I have never been unhappy with an Embassy stay. Next I will call them to see about a shuttle from the airport and to the port (may not be far, but with luggage I don't want to try!) - an added bonus if they offer it.

Thanks for your input! :)

Ally

Haven't stayed there, but heard it is great! :) Nite-life may be a little too much for young un's tho'...;)

Doubletree Suites at Rocky Point is an option.. Less 'points' and they have shuttles both ways..!!:) (not sure if they accept points tho'..)

I JUST got (last night) a really good deal at the Embassy Suites Downtown for $119.00 per night in June... Might be worth it to just pay for the room and use the points elsewhere! THAT is cheap for an Embassy Suites, especially in Tampa..:D

How can I get it for $119? I am going in June as well. Please share info.

If you're looking at the Embassy & want to be close to the pier/trolley/nightlife, make sure by "downtown" that you are getting the one "downtown/convention center" (that is the one by the trolley line, next door to the convention center). They also promote the Embassy on Westshore as "downtown" (I think they reference it as "westshore/downtown" or something like that).

The one on Westshore is a nice hotel in a nice area, with good restaurants & shopping easily accessible, but it is not particularly close to the pier & nowhere near the trolley line.

Archived