Radiance or Serenade/RCCL 9/2005

catkoe1

Hi All,

I am getting on the Radiance in the am for a cruise to caribbean. I plan on booking the Hawaii cruise on board and would appreciate any advice possible between these two ships. They do the same itinerary, vancouver to hawaii for 11 nights one on the 24th of September and one on the 25th of September.

We are looking at the D1 on both ships... Suggestions please????

Happy Cruisin:cool:

Catkoe1: One word of caution, these ships do NOT do the exact same itinerary! The Radiance stops at Kauai while the Serenade does an overnight in Kona. Otherwise, you are correct.

We were on the Serenade for the 9/26/04 sailing to Hawaii and happen to be looking at the 9/25/05 sailing, so you can see what we thought of this cruise. In a word, it was fabulous! :cool: ;)

Any questions, please ask away.

Bruce

• 2 weeks later...

We are going on the radiance on the 24 Sept. Then an extended stay on Kauai and on to Honululu. Will be the wifes first time to the islands and we are looking forward to the trip. Have a few more plans to make but in a short nine months we are on our way.

We are sailing on the Radiance as well - on the 24th. We will be celebrating our 30th anniversary and sailing with our son and his wife who are celebrating their first anniversary! We'll be staying in Oahu for three days after......

Look forward to talking with all of you more........

We chose the Serenade on 9/25/04. We will stay a few days in Vancouver, probably at the sutton place hotel and then a few days in maui after the cruise. Thanks.

We are planning to do this cruise too. I love the Serenade. A lot of smoke free areas.

We sailed the Radiance Sept 2004 to Hawaii from Vancouver. Absolutely amazing. We would sail the Radiance again, but are considering sailing on the Serenade so that we could spend 2 days in Kona...it was our favourite snorkeling spot. Or we may do a land vacation to the Big Island of Hawaii just to spend more time exploring and snorkeling in Kona.

We just got off the radiance after a Caribbean trip on 12/12/04. It was a spectacular vacation. I booked the 9/25 instead of the 9/24 because it was 700 cheaper per person. And I even have a crown and anchor coupon for 9/24. I noticed our cruise doesn't go to Kauai but we live in California and go to Hawaii every 14 months or so... we decided to cruise the islands this time. I am so excited.

Although we have been to kona only a couple of times...I am thrilled to be there for two days to do the snorkeling also. After disembarking in Hawaii I am hoping we take a short flight to lanai and stay there for three days for the golf. Beautiful courses and absolutely no crowds. One day on a side trip from Maui we took a ferry over to lanai and off-roaded in a jeep through the cows and trees to a shipwreck point. Great thing to do...secluded beaches and tons of fun.

Happy Cruisin :cool:

We recently booked on the Serenade on the 25th. Our TA had the same deal on both ships but the return time was better on the Serenade, and it's newer as well. From reading lots of messages, it sounds like it will be a wonderful 1st cruise. Can't wait! :)

Can you guys give any details on what pricing you got for the Serenade 9/25? Did you find return air to Vancouver (or other), I can't find a flight until the 11th of Oct (but it is cheap).

I don't know if this helps but we are flying from Newark NJ Sept 23 to YVR then Oct 9 HNL to Newark using RCCL air at $793p/p.

Hi Lando, We booked a package with Cruiseship Center that included air and 3 nights in Honolulu. I've seen similar package with BCAA as well. Seemed like a great deal to me. I've researched lots on-line. Cheapest I found was about $1800. canadian for the cruise only(balcony). and about$600 for a one-way flight. The package was $2399 plus tax, and included 3 nights hotel. This will be our first major holiday, so we are going all out. 25th anniversary in June, and this will be the honeymoon we never had! Maybe see you there. Good luck!

Hi all! We are booked on the Serenade 9/25/05 also (actually have been for quite a while, but since it was an christmas gift for DW, couldn't post until now). We did this cruise last year as well (same cabin). Spending the day before the cruise in Vancouver and hopefully 3 days post cruise on the North Shore.

Lando: Last year RCI ran air specials that were VERY cheap. Might suggest you book your air reservation with RCI for now and wait to see if the same special is offered this year. If not you can cancel it later (before final payment) without incuring any charges (this is the approach we are taking). Being 9 months out, airfare specials are very few now anyway.

Sherinlad: If this is your first cruise, you have in fact picked a perfect ship! You can tell what our thoughts are! :p DW is very excited already (as I am)! Fantastic crew, ship etc.

Bruce

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, everyone! We are also on the 9/25/05 Serenade to Hawaii. We booked our airfare through RCCL for now, the price was very good. I will keep checking and can always cancel before final payment if I find something better.

We are staying at Sutton Place on the 24th and then three nights in Honolulu at the Hilton Hawaiian Village.

We chose this date because we had already been on the Radiance and wanted to see the Serenade.

No, we booked them ourselves.

We have always used a TA in the past to book our cruises, she was excellent, just decided to do it differently this time.

Out meet and mingle party list has been started, don't forget to sign up!

Mary

We booked our cruise last year Radiance - Vancouver to Hawaii with www.crucon.com. We paid $1,400. per person for a balcony which included return air to Seattle.($99.00) per person. Purchased the wine package for $264. which gives you a bottle of wine with each dinner. They store the unused portions and you may use them on another night or take full or half bottle sto your room.

We loved all the islands but the snorkling in Kona just to the right of Place de Refuge was absolutely amazing. Just walk right in and everything is right there.

We will probably book a land vacation on the big island so we can explore it more. We loved to see Kuaui, but found that the wave action was to great for any snorkling.

I an not on your cruise, but have done extended stays in Hawaii. If you do the road to Hana....what we did was the Helicopter up....which was great....flew over Hanakula(sic) down over the red sand beaches, over the water falls to the top of Hana. Meet there by a limo, had lunch on one of the black sand beaches (they have a great gourmet packed lunch) and they drive down....Do not drive yourself, you will miss all that you have to see. Driver stopped several tims along the way, we same under some water falls, walked along a beach....utterly fanastic time.

For a hotels ......we stayed at the Hawaiian Hilton village on the Oahu, great hotel.....has a wonderful beach (a lot do not) and enough great restuarants that you do not have to go anywhere else. For Maui we stayed at the Hyatt, which was great and also the Marriott which was a hotel at the time, it is now part a time share.......like the Hyatt better, also the Westin looked really nice, went there one night for drinks.

any questions feel free to ask

• 2 weeks later...

Archived