Diamond A749?

gcorgain

I just snagged an aft balcony for an Alaska cruise in 4 weeks. I am also considering an Emerald mini-suite. The potential problem with the cabin (A749) is that the deckplan seems to show a significantly smaller balcony. Is anyone familiar with this cabin? Any general opinions?

The mini-suite will have a larger balcony,and is a bigger room and bath,the aft room on aloha looks to be a bit smaller,usually the aft balconies are bigger than the side balconies,and the aloha room will be smaller too

The cabin is the same size as any other balcony cabin (we had A746 previously). The balcony is exaggerated on the deck plans. It will be similar in size to a regular balcony as well. 746 and 751 have slightly bigger balconies than normal, but one day, I had a look around the divider (I was curious as well due to what the deckplans show), and their balcony in 744 (same as 749) was still a good size. Apparently the rules have changed regarding taking lounge chairs onto balconies, which is what I did, so I'm not sure the slightly smaller balcony would matter anyway.

I would rather have an Emerald minisuite though, especially if E728 or E731 were available.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=911539&highlight=a749

Not too good at the cut and past of URL's but will try. This is a thread asking about the same thing and I had emailed her pictures of the balcony and cabin. She posted some. Hope it helps. I would take A749 again in a heartbeat (have had it twice) but then again have never had a mini (first one next year).

Chris

• 4 months later...

Hi everyone im sailing southbound Whhitter to Vancouver on the Diamond

and was wondering if anyone can send me pics from cabin A749?? which

is a first aft cabin for me, after hearing nothing but good

things, im just a little heistant on the view, my email add is rsxboi@hotmail.com

please and thank you

Sagar.

Archived