laundry and extra nights in Polo

suec12

I was looking at the deck plan of the Nautica - where are the laundry facilities that we can use? And please post again as to how we may be able to get extra dining in the speciality restaurants. We are only entitiled to one each.

Laundry room is on Deck 7, across from 7076. For the specialty restaurants, in our experience if you are flexible, its pretty easy to get more reservations. In the buffet area in the mornings there is a desk manned that you can check and see if anything is available that night. Sometimes at the GDR door, they will ask if anyone wants to go up to the specialties as well if its a big crowd waiting. Not everybody uses their allotted number of reservations so there can be openings at any time.

We never had any trouble getting reservations at either of the speciality restaurants on our cruise. Just ask in the morning at the buffet. Since the menus rarely change, we actually preferred the GDR for the different menus each night!!

My husband and I agree with Cathi -- we prefer the GDR because the quality is so uniformly strong and the menus change regularly. On our March 9th TA on Regatta we didn't get to Polo or Toscana at all and didn't miss it. But we understand that many people love the specialty restaurants.

Our experience has been that extra attendance can be had. It helps if the cruise is lightly booked, of course. But another way to get an extra "invite" is to share a table with a couple that is in a concierge level cabin. I've not heard of instances where people were told they couldn't have dinner with such a couple because they'd already dined in the restaurant once before.

We usually are in a PH and when we've invited people to join us who were not, but who had already dined in Polo or Toscana, there was no problem.

Good luck.

Archived