Top things to do...

ajhunt2

• 3 weeks later...

Lunch cruise on the steamer Natchez :D

http://www.steamboatnatchez.com

The food is really good. By the narration you will experience a totally new side of the city. And right now the Natchez is one of the last two authentic steamboats with a real steam engine (go down to the engine room) operating on the Mississippi river system.

steamboats

I live in NOLA. Here's my list of "must do"--Streetcar ride, get off in Garden District & do a self guided walking tour of homes, go to an historic cemetery like Lafayette #1 across from Commander's Palace, Metairie Cemetery, off of I-10 in N.O. (it's beautiful), St. Louis on Rampart. Have a drink on the porch of the Column's Hotel on St. Charles Ave., Eat at Bayona, Stella, Galatoire's, Commander's Palace, Martinique, Bistro Daisy, Le Petite Grocery, Cafe Dega, or Le Crepe Nanou to eat with the locals. Go to Parkway Bakery & Tavern for the best po boys. Go to the Ogden Museum of Southern Art. Go hear some music. Explore areas of the city other than Bourbon Street!! Wear cool clothes, the summer is extremely hot. Relax, have fun! And lastly, don't diet while here!

Archived