A Little Help Please

woodz

The Statendam was our first HAL cruise 4 years ago and we have taken a HAL cruise every May since then. We love the relaxed pace. A few questions I hope you don't find silly. How much is the self serve laundry? We travel stand-by and pack light. We will be at a wedding pre-cruise and will need to use the facilities. Also I am a soda drinker and have always bought a soda card. Do you know anything about it? I always have left over punches and previous cruises I have always used up my last card, and purchased a new one. I wonder if I still can. And one more (for now at least) How much per day is the Thermal Suite? __________________

Self-service laundry is $2.00 to wash, and $1.00 to dry. Detergent is provided; bring your own dryer sheets.

The soda card is $20.73 (I believe I have the change right) for 20 sodas. A soda is about a half-can per punch, and is a slight savings over the 10 can price. There's also the convenience of not keeping track of all those individual sales receipts.

So far I have been able to finish a card on another cruise.

The Thermal Suite is $40 per day for one person. That is, if there are passes available. Cruise-long passes are sold first, and there is a limit to the number sold.

We had some things spilled on our clothes on the plane, which didn't smell very good (:rolleyes: after some hotel days and a couple of ship days. HAL has a blue bag in the closet for laundry, and a 'price per bag' if you use their laundry rather than do it yourself. We used it; 2 days later it was back, trousers and a couple of shirts and blouses on hangers, the rest in a wicker basket, all beautifully washed and some items pressed. :D DW was so impressed, we had the same thing at the end of the 15 day cruise and got home with almost no dirty laundry. :p For wedding party clothes, I would prefer that over carrying them on the cruise soiled and wrinkled.

I think the cost was less than our local laundry/cleaners at home, and sure better service!:cool:

HAL has a blue bag in the closet for laundry, and a 'price per bag' if you use their laundry rather than do it yourself. We used it; 2 days later it was back, trousers and a couple of shirts and blouses on hangers, the rest in a wicker basket, all beautifully washed and some items pressed. :D DW was so impressed, we had the same thing at the end of the 15 day cruise and got home with almost no dirty laundry. :p

I think the cost was less than our local laundry/cleaners at home, and sure better service!:cool:

Loved the 'laundry by the bag' too! Excellent, prompt and reasonably priced service.

We did the same thing at the end of the cruise and went home with suitcases filled with clean clothes. What a treat!

The fun thing is finding the little laundry tags on the clothes once you get home and wear them again. Always makes me smile - a little unexpected reminder of your cruise.:)

Archived