Charleston Sailing

MizzCard

Carnival has been doing 2 cruises per year out of Charleston for about five years or so now, one in May and one in October. We have been on the Victory and the Triumph for these cruises, and they were great. It was especially nice leaving from Charleston (which is where we live).

I didn't realize this. We sailed NCL Majesty out of Charleston last year. Had a good time (who doesn't on a cruise) just a tad bit disapointed with the ship. I'm in NC, so this is a great opportunity. Seriously considering booking this cruise. My goal is to sail most of the popular cruise lines *L* ...any one want to join me? Would make a great meet & mingle.

I always look at the sailings out of Charleston and Norfolk.... they are always much more expensive out of those ports.... For me, cruises from Tampa are much less, including airfare. Still waiting for a good deal out of either of those ports :( It would be nice.

I always look at the sailings out of Charleston and Norfolk.... they are always much more expensive out of those ports.... For me, cruises from Tampa are much less, including airfare. Still waiting for a good deal out of either of those ports :( It would be nice.

Our sailing out of Charleston last year was very reasonable. We're sailing out of Miami in April and we usually fly, but the price of airfare....even out of Raleigh, is making us think twice about driving....*yikes* Norfolk is usually about $100pp more than Charleston. Prices so far rage between $469 & $569 for this cruise for an inside cabin. Average $100 pp per day.

Granted, I'm not even a big fan of the Bahamas, I'll just stay on board and drink 'tini's' while the others are off doing their thing *L*

A manageable one-day drive from Raleigh to Port Canaveral (8-10 hours, depending on your rate of travel and stops). We did Sovereign of the Seas 3 years ago, and doing Carnival Glory this Jan 15 ('05). Driving down again.

Looked at Charleston and Norfolk (as well as Jacksonville), but couldn't find the right price/itinerary/departure date.

Is Wilmington (NC) not equipped to handle cruise ships, or no perceived additional available market?

Jeff

I have never done the drive from Raleigh to PC or Orlando, then again, I don't like to drive :p I can usually fly to Orlando for $160, sometimes less... well worth it for me... I'd probably be okay for the drive down, but after cruising and partying for a week, I would be worthless driving home, LOL!!!!!

I don't know that Wilmington is equipped, but I don't know that for sure. There has been mention of it on the boards before. I think it would be alot easier if Carnival would make Charleston a regular port and at least add one full time ship... Only 3.5 hours, I would make that trip as much as I could! I've thought about Bmore as well, but there again, haven't found the right itinerary/price/date... it would be nice to have something closer to home!!!!!

With me being in Jacksonville, NC we're really off the beaten path...especially from I-95. It would be 10 hours to drive to Orlando from here. I too have heard talk of Wilmington becoming a cruise port...would be convenient, but I assume it would be about the same as Charleston.

Heck, it takes close to 8 hours to get to Ashville from here, would never consider flying. The drive south really isn't so bad. We're leaving after Christmas to spend New Years in Pittsburgh...always drive the 10 hours...I guess 10 hours south would be no different....except for warmer climate!

We are avid cruisers, leaving soon on the Carnival Destiny. Sailed last Christmas on the Majesty out of Charleton and what a disappointment!!! We live in South Carolina and was so excited due to the short distance to drive but learned to stick to Tampa and other area ports around there. Charleston was "ghetto" to say the least and the ship was a total disappoinment as well. Weather was very cold last December, as pretty much the sail leaving and getting back. We love Charleston, just not the port and surrounding area near there.....Sorry :(

Hmmmmmmmmm We've never been on the Majesty..........when we first learned it would be sailing from Charleston (about an hour from our driveway), we were excited........until we learned there were no balcony cabins on the ship!!!!!!! That ended that right then and there! Hopefully, this will all change at some point!

Hmmmmmmmmm We've never been on the Majesty..........when we first learned it would be sailing from Charleston (about an hour from our driveway), we were excited........until we learned there were no balcony cabins on the ship!!!!!!! That ended that right then and there! Hopefully, this will all change at some point!

It didn't take us long to rule this one out either.

Archived