Cabin Suggestions

klfr

My kids and I are travelling on the Enchantment in November. This is only our second cruise (the last one was six years ago on the Majesty) so I still feel like a little bit of a newbie.

I'm a single mom, so this is a bit of a stretch for me financially but I did manage to splurge and got us an outside cabin on deck 2. Since I have a bit of time, it makes it easier to stretch out the payments.

My question is, I could probably swing moving up a floor or two, but what is the difference in rooms, going to decks 3 or 4, is it worth the difference? It looks like the windows are bigger maybe? When I checked the deck plans as well, it looks like the rooms on deck 4 would be right below the theatre or the dining room, would that be noisy?

I'm not sure what to do, any suggestions?

Until you get within a floor or two of the pool, I wouldn't spend the extra money. You'll still need to use the elevator for most trips thru the ship...and that's the big reason for being on the higher decks---ease of stair use!

I agree with cb. Use the money for something else unless they offer you a balcony for very little more......then it would be worth it for you/the kids. Also, I feel that with an outside room it's pretty cool being on deck 2 since the water really moves by fast and you get a good sense of the waves when you're at sea. The higher up in the ship you go, the slower the water seems to move by and the smaller the waves look. :)

Oh, I'd also suggest you monitor RCCLs website for price changes since you may be able to get a price reduction given how far ahead of time you've booked and it looks like you're going in a non-peak time with the kids. It never hurts to check and RCCL is very good about giving you the lower price if you see it. Just call them and they will do so even after you've made your final payment. Hope it happens for you.

P.S. How old are the kids? I'm sure you all will really enjoy the cruise. Good luck.

My kids and I are travelling on the Enchantment in November. This is only our second cruise (the last one was six years ago on the Majesty) so I still feel like a little bit of a newbie.

I'm a single mom, so this is a bit of a stretch for me financially but I did manage to splurge and got us an outside cabin on deck 2. Since I have a bit of time, it makes it easier to stretch out the payments.

My question is, I could probably swing moving up a floor or two, but what is the difference in rooms, going to decks 3 or 4, is it worth the difference? It looks like the windows are bigger maybe? When I checked the deck plans as well, it looks like the rooms on deck 4 would be right below the theatre or the dining room, would that be noisy?

I'm not sure what to do, any suggestions?

The most important thing is that you have a cruise booked:D. I would suggest to still put some extra money aside. I say this as your cruise is not until Nov. Continue to monitor the RCCL site as other posters have mentioned. This is important as closer to sail date RCCL may start selling "guarantee" cabins which are typically a great deal cheaper. Guarantee is a cabin you book for a greatly reduced rate and then RCCL just picks your cabin location but you are "guaranteed" a room in the category you book. This is important as you may be able to wind up with a better ocean view on a higher deck or even a lower grade balcony cabin for close to what you have already paid. Check their website at least once a day, it doesn't take but a minute and its always worth it

Hope this helps

Archived