Russia and Baltic on RSSC with Children

We would be first-time cruisers. We are Americans living in Europe and travel all over Europe and the Middle East with our children aged 7 and 4 (so they generlly are pretty adept at behaving properly at dinner, historical sites, etc.).

We are thinking of a RSSC cruise this Augst from Stockholm to Copenhagen. The cruise does have the "Club Mariner" kids club, although we likely would be spending most/all of our time on the port excursions. We love the itinerary of the cruise and the special offers are incredible.

Is the Voyager/RSSC approprioate for children. Are we going to feel completely out of place? With the Club Mariner and Kids Sail Free, I feel better about the openness to children, but I am still unconvinced.

Thanks for the input.

You and your children should have a wonderful time -- it is a wonderful itinerary (we did this cruise in 2006). During the summer months Regent does a very good job with the children on board. You will all feel welcome and comfortable:)

Totally agree. Your kids will have a wonderful time. Club Mariner usually only operates in the evening or on sea days (which you won't have on this itinerary).

If the kids are tired in the evening, you can order room service dinner and get the Compass Rose menu.

A must-do for kids this age is the Skansen open air museum and the Vasa museum in Stockholm. They are right together and make a perfect day.

I would hire a private guide in St. Petersburg (highly rec Anastasia), so that you can plan your day with the kid in mind. Peterhof with the trick fountains is really good for kids.

Visby is a perfect place to just explore and let the kids pretend to be vikings.

Helsinki--I would go to the fortress with kids.

Archived