Swine Flu in Mexico

board_jay

We have decided to cancel all calls at Mexican ports for all current sailings and all voyages departing on Thursday, April 30th through Monday, May 4th. In many cases, we will be able to substitute the cancelled call with an alternative port. Additionally, we are working on alternatives for those itineraries impacted by this decision. Full details will be available by 5pm tomorrow. Please continue to check back as we will provide the latest information online at carnival.com. In the unlikely event that our new itinerary options are not to your liking, we will also give you the opportunity to reschedule your cruise at a later date. Those details will also be made available tomorrow.

Our primary concern is your safety. We will continue to monitor the situation and will keep you updated if and when changes are made.

Thank you for your understanding. We look forward to welcoming you aboard your "Fun Ship" cruise

Where on the Carnival website did you find those updates about Mexico? I thought I'd find something under News, but can't find anything anywhere.

It's on the home page. Look just above the little box that says "Already Booked?" In very small print you will see the words "Travel Advisory: Latest Update Itinerary changes"

Where on the Carnival website did you find those updates about Mexico? I thought I'd find something under News, but can't find anything anywhere.

Main page under the pic of kids. It is a tiny "Travel Advisory" line. Heaven forbid they make it noticeable and have their stock drop even more. I did look at the new itins and most are an extra sea day or two, or key west or nassau.

Main page under the pic of kids. It is a tiny "Travel Advisory" line. Heaven forbid they make it noticeable and have their stock drop even more. I did look at the new itins and most are an extra sea day or two, or key west or nassau.

this is where the ability to cancel comes in

Those new itins are for the ships that are already at sea. The itins for the ships that haven't left yet are supposed to be posted by 5pm eastern time tomorrow.

What a shame they are pulling the ships out of Cozumel. premature IMO.

This is like saying that there has been one tourist with the flu in FL, so close all FL attractions. I still haven't seen any reports of anyone in Cozumel with this flu.

I completely agree that it's premature. I think they are doing it because people are causing such a fuss over it because of all the media attention.

I am very disappointed that I'm not going to Nachi next Thursday. After all the reviews I was really looking forward to it.

I emailed them this morning and they stated they are returning all deposits under the circumstances.

Mexico has been getting whalloped lately with the drug crimes, the earthquake and now this flu. I feel sorry for the people there that depend on the tourists.

Brinda

It's on the home page. Look just above the little box that says "Already Booked?" In very small print you will see the words "Travel Advisory: Latest Update Itinerary changes"

Thanks, Debbie. I should have been able to find that myself.

Archived