Valor Western Carib 4/19/2009 Review

Ron_L

Great Trip Report Ron! Thanks for taking the time and providing lots of good information!!

We are planning on Fins/Flippers too......do they have life vests to rent for children to snorkle with? Do they have life vests at Chanakaab park too? Can you post Mario (cozumel) email....we're thinking of scheduling something with him!

We didn't ask about renting vests since my wife brought her own, but I am pretty sure that they have them available.

Mario's address is snorkelwmario at hotmail dot com

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Ron,

Got a couple of questions for you about your camera...Did you use your Olympus for all the pictures you took? Which setting did you use for your underwater shots. All your pics turned out great!!

I was lucky enough to find that exact camera at Sam's for $141.00!!! I couldn't believe my eyes!! I had no choice but to grab it fast!! I'v been playing with it & it takes great pics!! Can't wait to get it underwater!! My husband can't believe it's waterproof!!

Thanks for your help!!

WOOHOO!!! We're leaving for Valor in 2 days!!!!:D

Hey Ron,

Got a couple of questions for you about your camera...Did you use your Olympus for all the pictures you took? Which setting did you use for your underwater shots. All your pics turned out great!!

I was lucky enough to find that exact camera at Sam's for $141.00!!! I couldn't believe my eyes!! I had no choice but to grab it fast!! I'v been playing with it & it takes great pics!! Can't wait to get it underwater!! My husband can't believe it's waterproof!!

Thanks for your help!!

WOOHOO!!! We're leaving for Valor in 2 days!!!!:D

Great deal! I would have bought it for that price even though i have one!

Yes, I used it for all pictures. For the land pictures I used wither the auto setting or the image stabilization setting. For underwater I used the first of the underwater presets that come up and i turned the flash off manually.

Have a great trip!

• 10 months later...

Hey,

Hey, I have the same camera as you do, but the first time I dove underwater with my camera...I used underwater setting - I used it for about a hour or so before I got out. The next day, it broke. It went black and I had to send it in for repairs. Did you have the same problem or ? What did you do to keep it clean? I tried to message your privately, but I guess CC does not allow it. :)

I am going on my first cruise with my husband this Nov. Your reviews is one of the best ever... I am so excited!!! :)

Hi Lauren...

I'm sorry that you had problems with your camera. Mine has been great! I use it a few times a week around the house and while traveling and haven't had any issues. When I used it in salt water I just rinsed it in fresh water once we got back to the ship.

Enjoy your cruise and thanks for the compliment on the review!

• 2 years later...

Archived