Amenities at Sapphire Beach

JC Cruiser

If anyone has been to Sapphire can you please let me know what amenities are left at Sapphire beach. When I was there a couple years ago they had a little convenient where we could by snack and beer and a pool side grill. Are these places still open? I am having a hard time deciphering what all these different threads are saying. Thanks for your help!

We were there in March - don't remember about snacks because we didn't buy any. they do sell drinks and if you want to rent a lounge chair it's $7.00. I found that to be expensive because we needed 2, but I didn't want to sit on the sand. We were on Sunny Liston's tour and they stopped us off there for 2 hours or so. I changed in the bathroom, which was wet and yucky.

JC Cruiser - Sapphire has the watersports booth, which has snorkel gear, dive shop, some non-motorized things like kayaks and can book motorized stuff - jet skis and parasailing, which are located/pick up at the marina around the corner. There is a small open air grill just a short walk from the shore and it sells beers, soda, water and sandwiches, hot dogs. The beach front bar/restaurant, pool side bar/restaurant and small convenience store are currently closed. Additional options for food/drink are: a pizza delivery person that comes around and takes and delivers pizza from a pizza place in Red Hook and wait staff from the pool side restaurant up at Sapphire condos (about a 12 minute walk from the beach, past the marina, up the hill). The wait staff takes and delivers orders from that pool-side restaurant, minimum order is around $20 + a service charge.

--Islander

We were at Sapphire Beach in February and were disappointed at how run down it has become. This was my 5th visit here and I wouldn't go back. It has deteriated badly. It's as if know one is interested in looking after the beach, changerooms.

Godfrey wasn't going to stop here any more when we spoke with him. There was another beach he was going to take his tour to..Secret Beach maybe.

If you have a choice, go elsewhere.

dh and i stayed here in oct. the beach is beautiful and i would agree that the resort is run down. changing rooms and restrooms were not up to par. no snack bar on beach but there was service for food and drink which took a while because restaurant was located up the hill. they did have kayacks and snorkeling equipment and the snorkeling was fair.

I agree with everyone who said that Sapphire beach is run down - I wish I would have known this before we were there in March. I would have gone to Meghans Bay instead. Even the "sand" looked dirty at Sapphire, and forget about the bathrooms - they were nasty!!!

:cool:We were at Sapphire beach two weeks ago on the Liberty. The beach bar and shops are closed due to financial litigation. There are two retail locations on the beach that serve beer and a limited food menu. The beach is as beautiful as ever, but the amenities are weak. We were disapointed. This was once one of our favorite beach destinations.

We were at Sapphire May 9 and had a wonderful time. There was a grill open that provided burgers and hot dogs along with a beach bar. The sand was clean. There are trees providing shade. Trees do shed leaves and so there are leaves on the ground near the upper part of the beach. Closer to the water the sand was beautiful. We located under the trees and had no problems. As far as the snorkeling is concerned there are a lot of fish. There is very little live coral in any of the tourist destinations as many people causes it to be destroyed. However, if you venture out by the point (to the far right as you face the water) I am told the coral and sea life is beautiful. Here is a link to my pictures form this last trip:

http://travel.webshots.com/album/572231887BGaIQx

• 3 weeks later...

Archived