Balcony on Oasis, Balcony on Freedom, or Hump Balcony on Freedom

I started a thread last week where I was a humble first-timer trying to plan a budget trip for our 10-year wedding anniversary that included either an inside cabin on Oasis, or a balcony on the Carnival Dream.

Fast forward to today, and just one week later I have found myself to be a RCI-snob with aspirations of hump balconies and the like.

Help me walk around these options...

Freedom of the Seas, deck 6, mid ship - $2398 (based on dbl occ)

Oasis of the Seas, deck 6, near the aft - $2698

Freedom of the Seas, deck 9, center of hump - $2758

It is funny how you start talking yourself into more and more expense. When I first got started, I thought $2698 was way too much money to spend on an Oasis Balcony. I mean, for that much money, I could book a room on the Spa deck of the Dream and still have tons of money for spa services. However, the more and more I look around, the more and more I realize that these two ships are what I am looking for. Now, it seems to be just a question of which one is the best deal, and if the extra money for the nicer/bigger ship or the nicer room is worth it.

From a budget standpoint, the money is not a problem. I started setting aside $150 / month to pay for this, and I still have 23 months until we want to go. So, I don't think money will be a problem, it will just be whether it is worth it to spend the extra money.

So I guess if you guys would be willing to pay more for the hump I guess you would really like getting a hump on the 7th deck for the same price as the deck 6 regular balcony? Found it through a TA and I am still trying to iron out the details and fine print.

I am still wondering about the Oasis/Allure option, just because it is so big, so new and so cool. However, after taxes it is an additional $350 for just a regular balcony, and I am wondering if it is worth the extra money.

A part of me is worried that I will live with regret for not getting "the big ship", but then again there is another part of me that doesn't want to spend more money than I have to.

So I guess if you guys would be willing to pay more for the hump I guess you would really like getting a hump on the 7th deck for the same price as the deck 6 regular balcony? Found it through a TA and I am still trying to iron out the details and fine print.

I am still wondering about the Oasis/Allure option, just because it is so big, so new and so cool. However, after taxes it is an additional $350 for just a regular balcony, and I am wondering if it is worth the extra money.

A part of me is worried that I will live with regret for not getting "the big ship", but then again there is another part of me that doesn't want to spend more money than I have to.

I think Freedom is plenty big.

I like midship deck 9 on Freedom because it is close to WJ, pools, and kids' activities. I could walk up a couple flights if the elevators are crowded. If I was on deck 6, I would not want to walk up 5 or 6 flights of stairs.

If later you suddenly decide you have to go on Oasis, don't worry, I am sure there will always be 'something' for you to get last minute. There is just no way they can fill that ship to capacity every sailing.

I think Freedom is plenty big.

I like midship deck 9 on Freedom because it is close to WJ, pools, and kids' activities. I could walk up a couple flights if the elevators are crowded. If I was on deck 6, I would not want to walk up 5 or 6 flights of stairs.

If later you suddenly decide you have to go on Oasis, don't worry, I am sure there will always be 'something' for you to get last minute. There is just no way they can fill that ship to capacity every sailing.

Went with the Freedom. Actually called the cruise line directly and they had plenty of hump balconies to chose from. Went with the 6th deck for fear of seasickness, but I understand what you are saying about climbing stairs. I don't know. We'll see. I'll have to think about it.

Archived