San Francisco Transportation

Beachgator

We and another couple are flying into San Francisco a couple of days before our cruise and staying downtown (near Union Square). What is the best mode of transportation to get downtown from the airport? There are 4 of us traveling together and plenty of bags. Thanks for any feedback and suggestions.:confused:

If you have lots of time & energy & want to save $$ you could take BART (subway), but it might not be that convenient with lots of bags. A more expensive but quicker & more convenient alternative would be Super Shuttle. Actually possibly less expensive & even more convenient would be splitting a cab for 4. Or you could investigate renting a car at SFO & dropping it off downtown. Aside from having a friend pick you up at the airport I think that's all the options.

I used a taxi when I was there for work and I think it was around $60 from SFO to Union Square. It was convenient and easy.

I used the BART when I went out on my own. The BART is safe, easy and cheap. But if you have a ton of bags per person it will be difficult to navigate the BART stations.

I think it would be helpful if you clarified what you mean by best. Do you want lowest price or easiest way or something else.

One easy method is just to take a cab. Since there are four of you with plenty of luggage you could take one of the taxi vans. There are plenty of them just sitting there so no special arrangements are needed.

Keith

Thanks all for the excellent feedback...Keith what I meant by best was most practical for a party of 4 with lots of bags. If we can all get in one taxie with the bags that probably works because we can share the cost. If not, we may look at other alternatives. The couple we're traveling with has some health issues so we're looking to minimize dealing with the luggage. Thanks

Archived