Anyone Sick after visit

ntshop

I was on the April 20 sailing .. and were in Cozumel on the 22nd and Calica on the 23rd...we are not yet sick.. HOWEVER, we live in KY.. and theres a woman from here who went down to GA on the 23rd for a wedding and became ill.. they are saying she has the swine flu ..she visited Cancun EARLIER in April.. what that means, I dont know.. I dont know how much earlier she went, but apparently took a couple weeks to show symptoms... so just keep an eye on you and your family... so far so good here.. but just keep that in the back of your head...

I was in Cozumel off ship on 4/15 and coincidentally developed sinus congestion a week later (incubation period for flu). Finally went to Dr. on 4/27 due to pressure in my right ear. Dr. asked if I had traveled.........uh oh!

After an hour on the phone with local board of health, they gave me a face mask, wouldn't let me go to work, and sent me to the hospital for testing.

Initially the hospital handled me very carefully, but after they realized I wasn't sick in the sense of flu symptoms, they ignored me for over 2 hours.

I left without the test being done and went home.

I'm fine. Husband on same trip fine.

I'm home on administrative leave cuz I have a head cold turned to sinus infection. I can't go back to work for probably another week. Fun. Hey it gives me time to work on my pictures from the cruise.

we were on the Fantasy leaving NO on 4/18...went to both Progreso & Cozumel...went to grocery stores and local shops in Progreso. no problems whatsoever. Am booked on a 5/30 group cruise and really hope by then we can go back to Mexico....

After all the talk about the Flu, just wondering if anyone has gotten sick after visiting Cozumel? I was there Sat. April 25th and my family is fine.

I know a lot of folks were concerned who cruised "before" Mexico was closed.

Glad you and your family are ok.

Of course, different people would have different levels of exposure.

If someone stayed on the ship (some people do who have been there a bunch and cruise just be on the ship) or if they took an excursion that left the island of Cozumel and went to the mainland for the ruins.

Cozumel is my favorite port.

What did y'all do?

I was on the April 20 sailing .. and were in Cozumel on the 22nd and Calica on the 23rd...we are not yet sick.. HOWEVER, we live in KY.. and theres a woman from here who went down to GA on the 23rd for a wedding and became ill.. they are saying she has the swine flu ..she visited Cancun EARLIER in April.. what that means, I dont know.. I dont know how much earlier she went, but apparently took a couple weeks to show symptoms... so just keep an eye on you and your family... so far so good here.. but just keep that in the back of your head...

A lot of the cases in the Eastern US are being linked to Cancun. (which oddly enough I have not even heard mentioned in the original news announcements....it was always Mexico City)???

Of course, with Cancun only being 30 minutes and a ferry ride away from Cozumel.... folks are natually concerned.

We were on a Cruise April 18th thru the 26th - went to Cozumel and Costa Maya - no one sick in our house - just tired. Thank God!

Glad no one got sick.....hope you had a great cruise!!!

Archived