Help! My Cruise Date Was Changed!

Help you guys!

I logged in to Royal Caribbean's website to finish checking in for my May 10th cruise and it is showing me on the August 23rd cruise!

My travel agent works by himself. He is out of the country on his own cruise and he emailed after he heard of the change in destinations. At that time, I thought I was cancelling. I said in my email response that I was cancelling and that I was going to look at rebooking either December 27th either on the Mariner or something out east going to the Caribbean or possibly August 15th on the Mariner. I added that our dates are not that flexible because my husband will be is in school then.

Well, he emailed back and said to call the insurance ASAP to tell them we wouldn't be sailing (I don't think he was aware that Royal was allowing cancellation themselves because he was out of town on his own trip). And he closed with a statement that we would talk about re-booking when he gets back, which is May 9th.

We decided to go forward with the cruise, but I didn't think to email my agent because he left it in my hands and I emailed back telling him I would take care of it.

Today I was on the phone with Royal trying to get them to give me a lower price, but they said I needed to have my agent call, which he can't because he's out of the country. I emailed him to say we are still going on the cruise, but if he could call to get us the special residency deal for 2 of my travel companions. I believe we were showing in the computer as being on the May 10th at that time.

Now, I log on and Royal Caribbean is showing me as leaving on August 23rd!!!! I logged out and went back and same thing -- my reservation number, but different room #. Of course now, Royal Caribbean is closed and same with the agency where my agent is affilaited with. He is my friend's dad, so I trust him not to just go off half cocked, but maybe there was some miscommunication?

What do I do? Wait until Monday? Won't my stellar cabin be booked by someone else by then?

Sorry for the long post

first you can't mention TAs by name here! please go edit that out if you still have time.....

second....if you JUST looked, RCI tends to do web maintenence on Saturday evenings...

third...call back and ask for a supervisor or the resolutions desk and throw yourself on their mercy (probably will NOT help since you used a TA but maybe)

fourth....do a 24 hour courtesy hold on your cabin on line,.....then tomorrow, cancel it and right away rebook it.....(i do that by opening 2 windows of the RCI website.....)

Email your TA right away and find out what he did with your booking; did he cancel it; re-book it or leave it as it was original booked.

Sounds like you have a mess on your hands and yes you definitely seem to have experienced miscommunication. Since your TA had the booking it would have been his responsibility to cancel or re-book as per your instructions.

Hope this all works out for you.

Kathy

Sorry about naming TA. Didn't even realize I did it and it's too late to edit it.

I did get through to Royal, but couldn't help until tomorrow morning. They have it as showing as changed too, but couldn't tell me why or when it happened because wasn't allowed to go in and look at it.

Sorry about naming TA. Didn't even realize I did it and it's too late to edit it.

I did get through to Royal, but couldn't help until tomorrow morning. They have it as showing as changed too, but couldn't tell me why or when it happened because wasn't allowed to go in and look at it.

Now, I log on and Royal Caribbean is showing me as leaving on August 23rd!!!! I logged out and went back and same thing -- my reservation number, but different room #. Of course now,

Did you ask about your cabin? If not,

Go to the RCCL website and see if your old cabin is on the site as open for booking.

If so take it on a "hold" until you can get it straightened out tomorrow.

I'd agree with other posts above...

Email the TA and let him know what you saw. (1) He could be fixing another rezzie as well and mixed them up, its possible... (2) could be the crazy results you get on Saturday night at the system maint time of day...I've had a scare or two then as well...(3) and the suggestion above about book a courtesy hold is really wise... (4) I would let RCCL know what you saw, confirm they see the same and let them know the TA is away, perhaps they can call him on the ship without charging him $8/min for the call to clarify...that would be great customer service.

Understand RCCL wants it all correct as well, especially with folks jumping ship so to speak from Mariner...so your sticking with a cruise on it should be very favorably treated by RCCL.

Best of luck to you!!!

I did email my TA. Hopefully we'll get this sorted out.

I was able to courtesy hold one of our cabins, but only after I went back to the site for the 15th time. My cabin is the better one and may well be gone already :(

By the way, how do you see all the cabins available? When I go on RC's website, I only see 2 available on the 9th deck, 1 on the 7th deck, etc. But when I went back in to do a second courtesy hold, 2 new ones popped up.

Help you guys!

.......... I said in my email response that I was cancelling and that I was going to look at rebooking either December 27th either on the Mariner or something out east going to the Caribbean or possibly August 15th on the Mariner. .............And he closed with a statement that we would talk about re-booking when he gets back, which is May 9th.

We decided to go forward with the cruise, but I didn't think to email my agent because he left it in my hands and I emailed back telling him I would take care of it. ..............

Wait a minute. You told the TA you were canceling. He said he would talk to you about rebooking when he gets back, which would be the day before you were supposed to leave on the cruise.

Sounds to me like he's the one who canceled per your orders. He is the only one who could do that since you went through the TA. He can't leave it in your hand. Royal won't speak with you about your own reservation, they go through the TA.

That's what I'm thinking. I take the blame for not emailing him to tell him I was reconsidering. I just didn't think about it because he told me to call the insurance to cancel -- thinking I had to go that route. The only weird thing is the date for rebooking -- I never said I could go on the 23rd and clearly said that I was tight on my dates. Oh well. We'll get it all figured out eventually I'm sure. I'm only mad at myself for being so indecisive about the trip. My TA was probably really looking out for me -- seeing I hadn't cancelled and worried I would lose all of my money. I was just overwhelmed with a bunch of things last week and the re-routing of the ship through me for a loop.

I posted on here by the way just to get help figuring out how to reach RCCL before Monday when I kept hearing they were closed. I kept trying different numbers until I reached a live person who then told me I have to call tomorrow morning. I also emailed my TA -- I didn't want to bother him with it in case it was some screw up by me or anyone else, but I figured it had to have been him so I might as well email.

I really take the blame for this. Hopefully it will all work out in the end. I'm sure it will. Thanks everyone for your posts!

let us know what happened.

there is a site that shows more cabins but we can't post it here as it is a TA...

BUT the only way to find out all available cabins is to call...no line wants to show all open cabins on line anyplace as it lets competition know how well a cruise is selling.

Help you guys!

I logged in to Royal Caribbean's website to finish checking in for my May 10th cruise and it is showing me on the August 23rd cruise!

My travel agent works by himself. He is out of the country on his own cruise and he emailed after he heard of the change in destinations. At that time, I thought I was cancelling. I said in my email response that I was cancelling and that I was going to look at rebooking either December 27th either on the Mariner or something out east going to the Caribbean or possibly August 15th on the Mariner. I added that our dates are not that flexible because my husband will be is in school then.

Well, he emailed back and said to call the insurance ASAP to tell them we wouldn't be sailing (I don't think he was aware that Royal was allowing cancellation themselves because he was out of town on his own trip). And he closed with a statement that we would talk about re-booking when he gets back, which is May 9th.

We decided to go forward with the cruise, but I didn't think to email my agent because he left it in my hands and I emailed back telling him I would take care of it.

Today I was on the phone with Royal trying to get them to give me a lower price, but they said I needed to have my agent call, which he can't because he's out of the country. I emailed him to say we are still going on the cruise, but if he could call to get us the special residency deal for 2 of my travel companions. I believe we were showing in the computer as being on the May 10th at that time.

Now, I log on and Royal Caribbean is showing me as leaving on August 23rd!!!! I logged out and went back and same thing -- my reservation number, but different room #. Of course now, Royal Caribbean is closed and same with the agency where my agent is affilaited with. He is my friend's dad, so I trust him not to just go off half cocked, but maybe there was some miscommunication?

What do I do? Wait until Monday? Won't my stellar cabin be booked by someone else by then?

Sorry for the long post

What a nightmare! I hope everything works out!

Just a thought if the TA did cancel because you didn't get back to him maybe he had to give a "dummy" date to change the reservation # to and he picked the new date out of the air just to rebook until he could talk to you about "new date" good for you.

Archived