Freeport - Captain Tony's Sand Dollar Cruise

LadyLuc361

Two quick Questions,

Our ship is in Freeport from 7-2. If we take the 9-12 time slot would we have any chance of missing the ship. Also how many people does the cat. hold. We are a group of 14. Don't want to feel to crowded.

If you take the morning tour you will be back at the marina at 12:00. The ride back to the ship will take about 20 minutes tops. That leaves you 1 hour and 40 minutes to come up with a way to miss the ship. Hmm, you could...

1. forgo transportation and walk to the ship

2. stop by for a few or 10 rum drinks

3. ask a local to show you where he was born

4. get a really cool lower back tattoo

5. have "ALL" your hair braided

6. convince yourself that man over there is the ships captain and the boat wouldn't dare leave without him

7. convince yourself that YOU are the ships captain and the boat wouldn't dare leave without you

8. ask the helpful policeman the best place to buy cheap Ganja

9. insist that your trip will not be complete until you dance in the street at the Junkanoo parade

10. decide to stay overnight rent a car and drive to meet the ship in Nassau tomorrow

Otherwise an hour prowling the Marketplace then a shuttle back to the ship and you are there by 1:30.

Oh, and the Sand Dollar will comfortably hold 30, you should have plenty of elbow room. Have a great cruise!!!

• 8 months later...
We are booked for the afternoon cruise with Capt Tony, did anyone have trouble getting back to the cruise ship on time. Tour ends at four and cruise ship leaves at five. Thanks

It's about a 15~20 min cab drive. So you won't have a lot of wiggle room if Tony is late, if it takes time to get a cab, or if the cab hits traffic. Tony posts on his site (last I read it a couple of months ago) his thoughts about that, you should read them. At least you know he is very aware of the situation.

All things being equal, my guess is that you'll be fine. But I'm a type "A" that would be concerned about it all afternoon while I was trying to relax. The ship will most likely say you need to be back at 4:30, but we saw drunk-butt cruisers staggering back to our ship and getting on with no problems almost right up to the minute the ship left.

• 3 years later...
I have posted several times,,,Me and my wife arrived for 9am cruise,,no one else showed up so his crew took us out by ourselves. We had a blast,,,they let me pour my own drinks(it was noon some where)!! We swam/snorkeled,,,went to get sand dollars,,did some swimming with other air breathing mammals and went up and down the local beach so we know where to go after the cruise,,also had great tropical music. Well worth the 45 bucks per person. I have his business cards and flyers if you need one.

I would love a business card or flyer. Even a website where His number or email is posted would be very helpful.

Archived