Choice of Shoes for Tomato-Red Dress

OK, I'm a fashion person, and yet I need to ask other's opinions. Usually people are asking for mine! I'm on a 7-day RC Liberty of the Seas cruise in October. I'm wearing nice dresses most evenings. The night we go to Portofinos, I'm planning to wear my red dress. It's bright orange-red, like a tomato. It's has spaghetti straps, and is a chiffon fabric with a lining underneath, hits at the knee.

Shoe dilemma - I have several to choose from. I have black satin strappy sandals, 3-1/2" heel, which I'll be wearing with a couple of other dresses during the week. I have a bone-colored patent leather sandal with clear beads across the top of the foot, with a 2-1/2" heel, I have a bronze sandal with shiny bronze embellishment on top of the foot, with a 3-1/2" heel, and if I don't mind wearing panty hose because I need to with a closed shoe, I have a matching red pointy-toe pump with a 4" heel. They all look great with the dress.

If I do the bronze or bone shoe, I'll need to buy a small bag, because all I have is black. But I could get a tan one that I'd have more use for, so it's not a problem.

What's everyone's recommendation?

OK, I'm a fashion person, and yet I need to ask other's opinions. Usually people are asking for mine! I'm on a 7-day RC Liberty of the Seas cruise in October. I'm wearing nice dresses most evenings. The night we go to Portofinos, I'm planning to wear my red dress. It's bright orange-red, like a tomato. It's has spaghetti straps, and is a chiffon fabric with a lining underneath, hits at the knee.

Shoe dilemma - I have several to choose from. I have black satin strappy sandals, 3-1/2" heel, which I'll be wearing with a couple of other dresses during the week. I have a bone-colored patent leather sandal with clear beads across the top of the foot, with a 2-1/2" heel, I have a bronze sandal with shiny bronze embellishment on top of the foot, with a 3-1/2" heel, and if I don't mind wearing panty hose because I need to with a closed shoe, I have a matching red pointy-toe pump with a 4" heel. They all look great with the dress.

If I do the bronze or bone shoe, I'll need to buy a small bag, because all I have is black. But I could get a tan one that I'd have more use for, so it's not a problem.

What's everyone's recommendation?

I have the same color dress and I found the shoes in the same color but If I would have looked further I would have went with silver. I love red and silver together. It looks hot.

I have a matching red pointy-toe pump with a 4" heel. They all look great with the dress.

Nix the red shoes....looks to bridesmaid-y.

I think any of the others will work. Do you need shoes for any other outfit? If so, maybe you can "kill two birds with one stone" by wearing one pair twice.

Oh, who am I kidding (but not about the red shoes)? This coming from one who needs to have a pair of shoes for each and every outfit.:p

I do like the silver, too, however, I don't want to buy another pair of shoes that I'll only have one use for, plus a silver bag that I'll only have one use for.

The bronze or the bone would mean packing an extra pair, but that's not a problem. Then I can buy a small tan bag, which I'll have more use for.

I'm trying to play down the dress a bit, so I'm leaning toward the bone. The black satin with a black bag will make it look too formal, and I'm not wearing it formal night. For the same reason, don't want to do panty hose.

Thanks for your responses! I think I decided on the bone, which a friend in the office agrees with. A simple sandel, and the dress will pop rather than the shoes, and it won't look too formal.

If they all look good, I'd ask what jewelry are you wearing and more or less coordinate with that.

Or go with a pair that suits multiple outfits so you have to pack less.

Or go with the pair that's most comfy. :)

The bronze will be fine..., . Strappy heels. No hose. Your jewelry doesn't have to "match"...all metallics are neutral, so you can mix them up.

Don't wear black, either on the shoe or bag.

Think I'm going to go with the bone sandal. Definitely not the black, being that I want to dress it down. The bone is simple, yet elegant. Thin T-strap over the foot in patent leather, clear beads on the strap that goes vertical along the top of the foot. Then a simple bag in a light color. Not a satin evening clutch like my black one. Any jewelry will go with it, I usually wear silver with red. Will probably wear stud earrings. Being that the dress is so bright and swingy, I don't want to take away from that with accessories.

The dress is very similar to this, but in red and with spaghetti straps:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3005238/0~2376776~2374327~2374331~6014187?mediumthumbnail=Y&origin=category&searchtype=&pbo=6014187&P=7

gee . . . I would think the obvious answer would be lettuce green . . . perhaps an iceberg or nice romaine . . .they are complementary colors, afterall . . .

Never thought of that! Lettuce green with tomato red. Perhaps cucumber green accessories! Love it!:)

Archived