Cabanas at Margaritaville

shark Fan

Anyone have the latest information about the cabanas at Margaritaville?:)

Hey Sharkfan, it's me, Patty.

One of hubbys co-workers got back from this port a few weeks ago and said the cabanas are back!!! We are planning on renting one if they are available.

Hey Sharkfan, it's me, Patty.

One of hubbys co-workers got back from this port a few weeks ago and said the cabanas are back!!! We are planning on renting one if they are available.

Yeah! Can't wait. Hopefully someone will post the pricing soon. ;)

I was really looking forward to the cabana's last year and then Ike took them away a couple weeks before we went to GT. But at least we were able to stop there!

When we were there last we enjoyed the cabana because our children looked at it as their private play area. We were assigned a server and he made sure we always had food and drinks. It was really hot so we ate lunch in the cabana and had a great time. The bathrooms were a bit of a walk from where we were but our cabana was near the pool which was a positive for us since we were in and out of the water all day long. I don't remember if they gave us towels or if we brought them ourselves.

I had a cabana reserved for our June trip, and today noticed it was canceled. The excursion (reservation) had been canceled. I'm thinking maybe they aren't ready???

Mona

We're on Princess, sailing June 2. Now I'm trying to decide if we want to stay there for the day, or go to another beach. I need shade for my mom, and it has to be accessible for her with a walker...

We also had a cabana reserved for our June cruise and saw that it is canceled. I emailed the Grand Turk Cruise Center, twice, but have not heard back from them. We were looking forward to relaxing at the pool in our own personal cabana.

Does anyone know if you can buy a ticket for the Flowrider just at the pool or if you have to book the excursion with Princess? My son would like to try it, but the available times with Princess do not work.

• 2 weeks later...
GrandTurkPool-Cabanas3.jpg440025AA.jpeg440025B.jpeg

$99.00 The cabana rental rate is per cabana. Only one guest need purchase the reservation for the group (maximum 4 guests). Complete with outdoor shower and private waiter service.

do you have the phone number that I could call to reserve these?

Although I have a cabana reserved through Princess, it is still showing up as canceled on my excursions list. We're gonna be there in a week and a half and I'm wondering if they're all rebuilt and usable or if we're gonna have to make other plans.

According the the Grand Turk Cruise Center website, they are rebuilding them after they were destroyed by two hurricanes last year. They state that the cabanas are "coming soon". Since you will be there in about a week, it's iffy if they will be ready in time for your trip, but I would hang on to your reservations. You never know. You can check this website for further info. http://www.grandturkcc.com/

Blazerbob

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that my husbands coworker was NOT right and the cabanas are NOT ready at this time.

We were there this past Monday, June 1, 2009 and were told that they are expected to be completed sometime later this month. Oh well, this just gives us another excuse to go back for another visit!!

Someone please be sure to post an update when they are officially reopened. Thanks!

We'll be on GT in December, and the cabanas sound great. Unfortunately, there are 5 of us, my husband and me and our 3 adult children. Any suggestions? If we only had 4 in it at a time, would that be ok?

According the the Grand Turk Cruise Center website, they are rebuilding them after they were destroyed by two hurricanes last year. They state that the cabanas are "coming soon". Since you will be there in about a week, it's iffy if they will be ready in time for your trip, but I would hang on to your reservations. You never know. You can check this website for further info. http://www.grandturkcc.com/

Blazerbob

thanks for posting this site at least now i know that i have to wait for cruise shore excursions to book there

I have been looking into this myself as we will be travelling with my parents and my 6 month old baby. I thought it would be an excellent idea for them to get one whilst my husband and I go on something more active like maybe a little diving. Now, we will be 5 as well if they count our child, which I think it would be silly since he is so young still.

According to their main website you can pay extra for additional people. Now, the price is not stated as it says "to be booked onboard only". However, in the Carnival board someone has just posted that she came back from this cruise only in the last few days and yes, the cabanas are back. She got one apparently very near the labatories and the pool. I think she said the cost was over $200 but I'm not sure for how long.

Now, the website seems to say that they are bookable for one hour. I hope it is possible to extend this by paying extra because my idea was to actually come back from diving or whatever and join my parents and baby there for lunch and the odd drink.

Anyhow, I will be taking the cruise soon so I will let you all know what happens with the cabanas.

Just got back from Gand Turk, and no, the cabanas are not ready. From the amount of work done that I saw while there it will be at least a month or two or three:cool:

Sorry, I think you are right also. In Grand Turk I didn't see them available on the site for this cruise, however, they can be booked in Half-Moon Cay.

My apologies for the confusion.

Archived