Cabanas at Margaritaville

shark Fan

Hey, how close are the "soon to be available" cabanas to the action at the pool? I've never been to Grand Turk but hear that it's like a party at the pool. I definitely want to people watch and be part of that action and not stuck in a cabana somewhat removed from the area. Thanks in advance!

• 3 weeks later...

was just there on July 8;

from afar, they looked done, but workers were still working on them.

I walked right up to peek inside, (after asking for permission), and the interior was empty. There is an a/c unit in each one, with a glass door to keep it enclosed. There is an open deck in front of the structure.

If you're familiar w/the Half Moon Cay cabanas, the G.Turk ones are smaller and don't rate as high up the scale in my opinion.

• 3 weeks later...
I made a reservation for a cabana for Aug 19th which was later marked as cancelled. It's not saying cancelled any more. Maybe that means that the cabanas are now opened????

I'll let everyone know when I get back.

Looking forward to your report!]

Tom

I was there a week ago today and the cabanas were open. Only a few of them were occupied, but they were available. Unlike the Half Moon Cay cabanas, these ones are fully enclosed and have a lock on the door.

586.jpg

587.jpg

I was there a week ago today and the cabanas were open. Only a few of them were occupied, but they were available. Unlike the Half Moon Cay cabanas, these ones are fully enclosed and have a lock on the door.

586.jpg

587.jpg

Nice - THANKS!

I will be sure to SNAG one for our December Dream sailing. It does not show up online under excursions for our sailing. It does, however, show up as a generic option for that port. In that listing it indicates that they can only be booked once onboard the ship. Now to see if there is a way to "secure" one ahead of time!!! Are those rented by the hour - or for the entire day?

Aside from the pool, which is readily obvious - what else is close by?

Thanks again for the pictures!

Tom

The pool is right in front of you, Margaritaville is just across the pool, the flowrider is off to the right of Margaritaville. There are washrooms just by the south end of the pool beside M-ville. The shops are to the south of all this, but it only takes about 3 minutes to stroll from one end of the whole complex to the other. When you come off the ship, you go through Dufry's, a large duty free store, then go to the left for M-ville. There is beach on both sides of the pier, although the beach in front of the ship is far busier. You can walk along the beach under the pier, to get to either side, or set up your chair under the pier if you want to have some shade without spending 20 bucks on a clamshell.

586.jpg

587.jpg

Wow...those sure are nice! Do you happen to recall what the cost to rent them was?

Wow...those sure are nice! Do you happen to recall what the cost to rent them was?

No, I didn't ask, but I think a few months ago I heard they were similarly priced to the $200-ish cabanas at Half Moon Cay.

No, I didn't ask, but I think a few months ago I heard they were similarly priced to the $200-ish cabanas at Half Moon Cay.

Pre-Ike they were $99, but it looks like they're nicer than the ones that blew away. Guess we'll have to wait and see when we get onboard. If they're the same price as HMC, I think we'll do the one there instead. We've got 5 of us, so if they were only $99 we were thinking it might be worth the extra splurge.:cool:

Pre-Ike they were $99, but it looks like they're nicer than the ones that blew away. Guess we'll have to wait and see when we get onboard. If they're the same price as HMC, I think we'll do the one there instead. We've got 5 of us, so if they were only $99 we were thinking it might be worth the extra splurge.:cool:

I just received a few additional (helpful) details:

"The Cabanas rent for $129 on the ship and they are for the day. There are also a few added things since they have been rebuilt that you may not see on the current description online. The Cabanas are now air conditioned, have new semi private showers and have a new call service that call a Margarittaville server to your cabana directly.

Tom

"The Cabanas rent for $129 on the ship and they are for the day. There are also a few added things since they have been rebuilt that you may not see on the current description online. The Cabanas are now air conditioned, have new semi private showers and have a new call service that call a Margarittaville server to your cabana directly.

Tom

They were not air conditioned last year. We rented one the week before the hurricaine so we were in the old ones.

They did have the call button for service and the semi-private showers were in between cabanas on the walkway. Anyone could use them.

I hope to get back to Margarittaville someday. It was a nice day for us.

Tom

Thanks Tom. That helps. If we've got 5 people (I know it only says 4...but I'm sure we could sneak in the extra person...it's not like food's included like at HMC) then it would be $25-26/pp. Will have to think about it. We've been to GT twice and have always been able to get a couple chairs with an umbrella near the swimup bar if we got off early enough. We may just do that instead. We'll see....still have 58 days or so to decide. :D

talked to a HAL shore excursion rep tonight (Aug. 24) and she said they were not listed as an option for our Oct. 18th sailing. perhaps when we get on board we will be able to book one. Hope so...one of our party can't be in the sun long, so it would be perfect.

• 1 month later...

Tom

Hey Tom,

We're sailing w/you guys on the Dream. I was getting ready to book this on-line but when making the reservation it stated it was only 1 hour beginning at 11:00 and ending at 12:00 pm. I called the shore excursion desk at CCL and she said it would only be available to us for 1 hour????

Hey Tom,

We're sailing w/you guys on the Dream. I was getting ready to book this on-line but when making the reservation it stated it was only 1 hour beginning at 11:00 and ending at 12:00 pm. I called the shore excursion desk at CCL and she said it would only be available to us for 1 hour????

Thanks for the heads up on the Cabanas. The manager at the Grand Turk shore excursion office told me it was for the full day when I talked to him last month. I just went ahead and booked ours (though it also said 11-12). I just emailed him with the details, and asked for a confirmation. I am sure it's just a glitch in Carnival's system (and nobody you can reach there will have the RIGHT info). I will let you know after I hear back. With 3 ships in port that day, I did not want to wait until they were all gone!

Tom

Thanks for the heads up on the Cabanas. The manager at the Grand Turk shore excursion office told me it was for the full day when I talked to him last month. I just went ahead and booked ours (though it also said 11-12). I just emailed him with the details, and asked for a confirmation. I am sure it's just a glitch in Carnival's system (and nobody you can reach there will have the RIGHT info). I will let you know after I hear back. With 3 ships in port that day, I did not want to wait until they were all gone!

Tom

Thanks for the follow-up, could you give me the email of the person you sent the message to so I can the same. I booked ours, as well, hoping it was an error since I have plenty of time if I choose to cancel. The lady on the phone w/ccl even told me it couldn't be booked on-line???? I got a confirmation, so we'll just wait and see. Thanks again

Thanks for the follow-up, could you give me the email of the person you sent the message to so I can the same. I booked ours, as well, hoping it was an error since I have plenty of time if I choose to cancel. The lady on the phone w/ccl even told me it couldn't be booked on-line???? I got a confirmation, so we'll just wait and see. Thanks again

I just heard back - this should give us both some comfort!

"Hi Tom,

It will be for the day, I will look into the error online.

Don't worry, your cabana will be available for the entire duration of your call, at your leisure.

Thank you for informing me of our mistake.

Thanks again,

Nathan"

Tom

Archived