Honest to goodness review of the Freedom of the Seas - Sailed 4/26/09

We just got back from our cruise on the Freedom. We cruised to the Western Caribbean with ports in Grand Cayman, Ochio Rios, Labadee and Couzemel (did not get to port because of the flu).

I did alot of reading before the cruise and read alot of negetive remarks. Just before we left I had several people say don't dwell on all the negetive things just go with an open mind and have a great time and that we did!

My review

The ship - simply amazing!!

The Staff - Average, never rude, always willing to help but never really went above and beyond. The cruise director Richard Spacey was FANTASTIC he made the cruise and I hope he gets paid well as he could easily do what ever he wants in show business! I could go on and on about him.

The Food - Above average with some meals border line amazing

The Entertainment - Above average with the Love and Marriage and Quest being the high lights. The magician was not very good and the comedians were ok but only performed for 30min. The Ice Show was good...

The Activities - Rock wall, Flow Rider, Pools, Sports deck, Hot Tubs were all fantastic

The soda package - well worth the money, I think I drank that much the first day and they never had a problem letting me get one for my wife and at shows the others in my party wanted a coke and I simply showed my card and they allowed that.

The Internet - This was about the only negetive thing I found. How you can charger per minute when the service is so slow is beyond me. Would not have issues paying $40 for the cruise for unlimited use (they would still make a killing)

Overall I would sail with RCL and on the FOS tomorrow. We had a great time!!!

Would definetly recommend to anyone!!

thanks for the review! we are going on fos in aug.- were the performers in schooner bar and /or the pub on the promenade very good? do you recall who was playing in either venue?

thanks again- glad you had a wonderful time

You sailed on the one year anniversary of us taking the same/cruise itinerary. What there any compensation about not going to Cozumel? I loved Freedom and would go back in a hurry.

I have only sailed short cruises on the older ships, but just booked a 7-day on FOTS. What exactly is the Promenade? Is it where the shops are? I hear people talk about the Promenade, but not sure what it is....

thall17, so glad you enjoyed your cruise ... we haven't been on Freedom but have been on Liberty, her sister ship.

DaisyGirl55, the promenade is amazing. We found ourselves going there after dinner every night. You will love it. Yes, it is where the shops are and pizza and ice cream, they also have performers at certain times, also the parades.

1921696207_glassbridge.jpg.64236819f740e474ee58bff959a7e167.jpg

Archived