Pics from 11/27 Grandeur Cruise

Dawn, thank you so much for sharing your pics! Looks like you had a GREAT time. We leave for the same cruise on January 29, 2005. Am soooo looking forward to it!

2 questions:

1) Couldn't tell for certain by your pics -- are the beaches at Costa Maya and Cozumel rocky? Is there a beach there on an excursion there or at Cozumel that is pure sand all the way to the water?

2) What excursions do you recommend for all 3 places from either what you saw or heard from others?

Denise - In Cozumel I went to Chankanaab Park. The beach was a little rocky. In Costa Maya I just went to the little beach area near the pier. It was raining that day so I just stayed under an umbrella. If you check out the Ports of Call board someone there might have a better answer. I did the Dolphin Royal Swim in Cozumel and had a great time. I booked it directly with www.dolphindiscovery.com. In Grand Cayman, I did the Stingray City tour with Nativeway. I highly recommend booking with a private company since they have smaller boats with less people and you get more time with the stingrays.

Dawn

Dawn, thank you so much for sharing your pics! Looks like you had a GREAT time. We leave for the same cruise on January 29, 2005. Am soooo looking forward to it!

2 questions:

1) Couldn't tell for certain by your pics -- are the beaches at Costa Maya and Cozumel rocky? Is there a beach there on an excursion there or at Cozumel that is pure sand all the way to the water?

2) What excursions do you recommend for all 3 places from either what you saw or heard from others?

Hey.. Thought I'd answer your questions as I've been to Cozumel 3 times and was in Costa Maya last year on Grand Princess.

There are certain areas of Cozumel that are pretty rocky, but the beach parks are not. My recommendation for Cozumel is to rent a jeep and drive around the island. We did that last year for the first time and thoroughly enjoyed it. It gives you an opportunity to see the entire island, populated and not. If you're not much into exploration though, I would suggest Paradise Beach as a hang out for the day.

Costa Maya is a bit different. It is very primative and natural. There is the large pool and shops near the pier, but when you navigate beyond that you won't find much. If you decide to enter the village of Majahual (short cab ride from the pier) you'll find local shops, scuba, jet ski rental, and snorkeling. The snorkeling is very beautiful here.

The best option in Grand Cayman is either the Stingray Adventure or snorkeling.. I've done both and both are great. Also, if you're interested in parasailing, it's great on 7-mile beach in Grand Cayman..

Any other questions, let me know!

Archived