Do lunches at Cagney's differ from Main dining room lunches?

Arwenmark

All those who are regulars on CC or research the NCL website in great detail , will surely imagine a mini suite means a small suite but a suite none the less. Who knows how many are disappointed when they find out that there aren't the perks suites have.

We are in an AE suite and will be traveling with friends that are not, is there any way that they would be able to eat breakfast at least one morning?

Are you talking about your friends eating breakfast with you at Cagney's? The official answer is no however you can talk to your concierge to find out. If you go after the rush hours for breakfast and lunch they might let your friends eat there.

Please don't take this wrong, do you think it is fair to have your friends eat at Cagney's for breakfast and/or lunch if they did not pay for this perk?

We are in an AE suite and will be traveling with friends that are not, is there any way that they would be able to eat breakfast at least one morning?

Why do you insist on breaking the rule--take your friends to a sepeciality restaurant and buy them dinner=go the main dining room together-- do not impose or add to the possibility of suite perks being changed. Read the previous posts in this thread.

Big Green

just asked a question. never in a suite before and didn't know if it could be paid for. Beleive me I am not asking anyone to break the rules and I have no problem at all going to a speciality restaurant with them. I just didn't think it would be a problem to ask a question.

Are you talking about your friends eating breakfast with you at Cagney's? The official answer is no however you can talk to your concierge to find out. If you go after the rush hours for breakfast and lunch they might let your friends eat there.

Please don't take this wrong, do you think it is fair to have your friends eat at Cagney's for breakfast and/or lunch if they did not pay for this perk?

just asked a question. never in a suite before and didn't know if it could be paid for. Beleive me I am not asking anyone to break the rules and I have no problem at all going to a speciality restaurant with them. I just didn't think it would be a problem to ask a question.

Wrestlemom, I hope I did not offend you by asking you if you thought it is fair for a non-suite pax to eat a Cagney's during breakfast or lunch. Trust me, that was not my intention. :(

noreddye not a problem with you, it was big green saying I was insisting on breaking rules which is something I never intended to do.

sorry for using the word insist.--I meant you would be breaking the rules if you asked to have friends for breakfast at Cagneys -- there are two sides to this issue--if you read the thread--you probably would have had an answer without asking.

Big Green

Well I'm sorry I didn't read the thread and just want you to be aware that I would never ask for anyone to break the rules for me. This will be our first time in a suite and I do not know how things run but I guess I will learn fast

For those that have dined in Cagneys for breakfast and lunch...do you tip the folks there daily? If so, how much. I plan to lunch there every one of my 7 sea days.

Also please don' t bash me too, but my DH will not want to go to Cagney's with me. But this will be a special time if my DD can join me instead. She is not in a suite. Could she take my husband's place and keep me company. We love to gossip:)

was just wondering an AF suit category does that include breakfast and lunch at Cagneys or is it just the penthouse and villas

No it would not as this is a Mini suite not a suite at all and no suite perks, However you do get to eat breakfast and I believe lunch in the alternate dining room, depending on what ship you are on what that one is will vary. This perk is for balcony cabins and minisuites.

• Administrators
For those that have dined in Cagneys for breakfast and lunch...do you tip the folks there daily? If so, how much. I plan to lunch there every one of my 7 sea days.

Also please don' t bash me too, but my DH will not want to go to Cagney's with me. But this will be a special time if my DD can join me instead. She is not in a suite. Could she take my husband's place and keep me company. We love to gossip:)

No, waitstaff in Cagney's is part of the tip pool. I don't think you will have any problem taking your DD with you in lieu of DH, since it's still just 2 people (though it is up to the concierge) -- nor do I think the concierge in most cases has any problem seating extra folks with suite folks UNLESS there are so many of them that it reduces the available tables for those who have paid for the suites.

THEN it's an issue, and it's really a tough situation for the concierge -- tick off someone with a major suite by telling them they can't bring their inside cabin friends (and probably forfeit that person's tips multiplied by their traveling party), OR refuse to allow it, so one doesn't tick off OTHER suite passengers counting on this dining perk. I don't envy the concierges, at all.

[quote name='wrestlemom']just asked a question. never in a suite before and didn't know if it could be paid for. Beleive me I am not asking anyone to break the rules and I have no problem at all going to a speciality restaurant with them. I just didn't think it would be a problem to ask a question.[/QUOTE]

The reason for the strong responses is that there is another thread on this subject that has been going on a while and is getting very nasty. The idea is that suite guests pay a LOT for these extras, and of course many people in suites have SOMEONE they want to," just bring along" so it gets to the point that it is no longer a suite entitlement at all and the service for all goes down the more people are admitted to it.

Yet almost every day here we get someone asking the question, Can I bring my mother, friend, 15 family members all booked in inside cabins with me? You get the idea.

I am sorry you got slammed with this.

Amy, while you can always ask, this same principle applies to you as well. Your daughter if not in your suite is not entitled to eat breakfast or lunch at Cagney's She is not your husband, not a listed suite guest. As I just said you can see how this goes, Well I leave out my husband and substitute my daughter, or I just want to bring this friend just this One time etc. etc. etc.

Archived