Any recs for Ocho Rios excursions?

Michy121

I'm going on the Liberty of the Seas and have no idea what excursion to do in Jamaica. I would really like to do something cultural (but not boring) but fun too. Anyone been on any amazing trips there?

Last week in Ocho Rios, we did the Bob Marley Zion Bus experience and travelled up to Nine Mile. I wasn't quite sure what to expect, but it was a really good excursion. If you like Bob Marley music, you would enjoy this. If you don't really know Bob Marley music, you will by the end of the day;), but it is still a very interesting tour. I learned a lot about of Rastafarian way of life that I did not know and saw a part of the country that I definately would not have gone to. The bus ride alone was a thrill ride up the narrow mountain roads.

We booked with Mark Morris. We told him what we were interested in and he took us on an amazing adventure. We did Dunn's River and the tubing but also took us around Ocho Rios and gave us a tour that we would not have gone on if we booked one of the cruise excursions. We were extremely pleased with his service.

We booked with Phil Lafayette and had an awesome time! He took us to Dunn's, River Tubing, To eat lunch at an amazing local joint, and on tour of the city. Our final stop was at the Island Village Market for shopping. I highly recommend Phil. He taught us so much about the island and he is hilarious.

Would you elaborate on the Sandal's Resort Excursion. My husband and I were thinking about booking this or the river tubing excursion, but I'd love more details. Thanks, Marsha

Can someone post the websites for Phil Lafayette, Mark Morris and Kingsley White? Thanks!

Kingsley is small and independent, he does not have a web site. When I get home on Friday, I will post his cell #.

Try knowjamaica tours.

We recently came back and we had the time of our lives. We visited Carl the spice man, stopped at a place up the mountain, where you could see the ship below us in port, where some local artsains were and another place near by where we swung on hugh swings in a Banyon Tree (or something like it) We ate jerk chicken for lunch, visited the Wassai Pottery Factory (where our kids got to make a peice of pottery after the tour), stopped at anouther shopping area where I made freinds with some local primary school kids. They were so excited to see tourists. The last thing we did was stop are "Hidden falls" where we were the only ones there. It was cool and refreshing after a warm and busy day.

I can't say enough about Marva and Javai. They are great. I would go with them again in a heartbeat. Javai showed us that Jamiaca is a fun place with fun people.

I would also like to know more about the Sandals day pass! I've read mixed reviews on them, some people saying that there were vendors even at Sandals trying to get you to buy stuff or have your hair braided. We just want peace!

I have done the Dunn River, Plantation, Botanical Garden this time we wanted the Bob Marley Tour. I do not like buses & to be over crowded & rushed so we opt for a private tour. It was so much cheaper for the 4 of us & private. I contacted Courtney Taylor through all the recommendation on this site. His family & him run most of the tours on the island. He did everything we wanted which was site see on the way up to BM birth place then give us a tour on the way down stop for lunch at a place locals would eat not tourist then a quick stop at Juicy Patties to p/u patties to take on the ship. It was great!!!!!

If you want to plan something but do not want to be overwhelmed by a bus full of people then I would suggest to plan your day w/ Courtney Taylor. He can help you on what stops to do also. Have fun & Best of luck

Archived