Questions about completing online registration

papergypsy

Oh, the thrill of it all! First time HAL cruiser here - I have finally completed online registration for myself, and was only able to see and print the first page of my Express Docs (the Signature Preferred Boarding Pass). I believe that there are additional pages to the Express Docs (embarkation info, itinerary, etc.)

Does anyone know if those pages will be available later?

Also, I was not able to get the boarding pass for my husband and daughter to come up - the system kept kicking me out to the HAL home page. I am guessing that this is not normal, but do you think this means there is something I should worry about? Should I call HAL about this, or is it that am I just too new at this and need to not worry.

Thanks for any info you can pass along

Oh, the thrill of it all! First time HAL cruiser here - I have finally completed online registration for myself, and was only able to see and print the first page of my Express Docs (the Signature Preferred Boarding Pass). I believe that there are additional pages to the Express Docs (embarkation info, itinerary, etc.)

That single page is all there is to it.

Also, I was not able to get the boarding pass for my husband and daughter to come up - the system kept kicking me out to the HAL home page. I am guessing that this is not normal, but do you think this means there is something I should worry about? Should I call HAL about this, or is it that am I just too new at this and need to not worry.

On one of the first pages, after you have logged in, there should be a page with the list of passengers. Check off the next name and you should be able to do that person's check-in.

They have to be done individually.

Thaks for the quick response, Ruth. OK, I thought there were more pages because that is what the HAL site showed that Express Docs comprised.

And, yeah, I did try to do what you suggested for my DH and DD - I tried to do complete their check in process individually, and that is when I was kicked back to the home page.

Maybe I will just wait a day and see if that helps....... If it is not going to work tomorrow, I will wait until then to get concerned.

Thanks again!

Papergypsy,

I had the same problem last night on the HAL website when trying to print forms for other members of my family. When I used the "edit" option to view the forms and try to print, I was bounced back to the main page of the website. Then I tried using the "print" option instead of "edit", and it worked for some reason. I hope this will help!

Papergypsy,

So glad it worked! I was also glad to hear from Ruth that only one page was supposed to print because I remember printing multiple pages in the past, and I was worried too. It must be a new format. Hopefully all the other information that was typed in is in the HAL system somewhere to be accessed by them when needed. Enjoy your cruise!

Hopefully all the other information that was typed in is in the HAL system somewhere to be accessed by them when needed. Enjoy your cruise!
It is. On check-in, they'll glance at the one page to get the booking number and then look up your info. In fact, if you know that booking number you don't even need the piece of paper. DD found that out once when she couldn't find the paper when she got to the pier. :)

Question: How long before your departure should you do this online process? We sail 2 months from today and I want to have all ducks in line.

Question: How long before your departure should you do this online process? We sail 2 months from today and I want to have all ducks in line.
I do it as soon as I have a booking number. I believe they tell you to check it within a couple days of sailing, and print your boarding pass page then.

I do it as soon as I have a booking number. I believe they tell you to check it within a couple days of sailing, and print your boarding pass page then.

While you can start the process as soon as you get your booking number, HAL now only permits printing after final payment has been made.

HAL suggests on their website that you complete the process at least 30 days prior to sailing.

While you can start the process as soon as you get your booking number, HAL now only permits printing after final payment has been made.
Yes, I thought of saying that, but since mtnmusic is well inside final payment date I omitted it.

Archived