Iraklion Anyone been there?

I will be going to Iraklion in September. Has anyone been there and what do you recommend?:confused: I have not found alot of information of what to do and see. Could use any suggestions.

We were there last October and went to the Knossos (about 3 miles from the city of Iraklion), visited the archaeological museum in Iraklion and explored the city on foot for a while.

Here's a link to a thread that I posted in a while back with details of how we went to Knossos: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=967543&highlight=iraklion

Using the "Search This Forum" feature on the Med forum page, enter 'Iraklion' and other threads with helpful info will show up.

We had just a half day there last July on the Navigator of the Seas. We went on ships tour to Knossos + Heraklion town. With the time restraints we had, I would do this again notwithstanding it was very crowded and the guides seem to vary in quality (we could not hear ours very well) That said, based on our experience I would not recommend this for anyone with children or teenagers. The tour included a brief excursion into the town: we had a short walk stopping at the Lion fountain and 40 minutes or so free time. I recall the the shopping advisor on board led a shopping trip on foot, I think this was about 20 - 40 minutes walk from the ship

We had just a half day there last July on the Navigator of the Seas. We went on ships tour to Knossos + Heraklion town. With the time restraints we had, I would do this again notwithstanding it was very crowded and the guides seem to vary in quality (we could not hear ours very well) That said, based on our experience I would not recommend this for anyone with children or teenagers. The tour included a brief excursion into the town: we had a short walk stopping at the Lion fountain and 40 minutes or so free time.

Just curious why you would not recommend a tour of Knossos for teens:confused:

Archived