Booked in a Handicapped Cabin

Venicegal

I've never sailed in one, but my understanding is they are larger which is most obvious in the bathroom and shower. I hear they are nice, but if you do not *require* that cabin and someone books that needs it, you can be bumped to a different room.

I've never sailed in one, but my understanding is they are larger which is most obvious in the bathroom and shower. I hear they are nice, but if you do not *require* that cabin and someone books that needs it, you can be bumped to a different room.

I was in a Handicapped inside, OP doesnt say what type, but for a inside, I can say for sure they are not larger than a regular cabin on Fantasy class ships.

Also, not true handicapped to me because of the step up into the bathroom. I have pictures of the door to the bath OP if you need to see. There is a bar by the toilet and two walls in the shower and on the back of the bathroom door.

A lot of the older ships the "ations"... have what they call modified handicapped rooms. A wheelchair has a hard time turning in the middle of the room. Can be done but not easy. You may not be able to get to the far side of the bed. Sometimes they take out unneeded furniture to give more room. The bathroom does have a step up to get into it. Very little storage in the bathroom and shower does tend to spill out of stall. Shower will have a seat and grab bars, also grab bars are around the toilet. Sink will be at an odd height due to being able to roll under it. At the head of the bed and inside the bathroom there will be a cord to pull if you need assistance. Overall functionable but not with ease.

Also be advised as someone said Carnivale will not move an able bodied person to make room for a handicapped person just because they said that they will mark it. I don't know how far out this cruise is but they do let the cabins open up when it gets close to sail time. Cruise your concious

Grandma has had both an interior hc room and an oceanview hc room. The interior was the size of a closet... hardly any room to get around. The oceanview was VERY spacious. The door to enter the room has two peepholes and a doorbell (which could become a problem if there are rowdy kids, but I dont think that happened to her). The bathrooms were the same size in both and quite large. There was not a step to get into it in either, just a little bump that a wheelchair could easily roll over.

Grandma has had both an interior hc room and an oceanview hc room. The interior was the size of a closet... hardly any room to get around. The oceanview was VERY spacious. The door to enter the room has two peepholes and a doorbell (which could become a problem if there are rowdy kids, but I dont think that happened to her). The bathrooms were the same size in both and quite large. There was not a step to get into it in either, just a little bump that a wheelchair could easily roll over.

Are you sure grandma was on a Fantasy class ship. Doesnt sound like it to me?

OVs and interiors on Fantasy class are the same size. OP asked about Fantasy class ship.

Archived