Ultimate Packing List for the Newbies....

Janet Foster

Thanks for your list. I added some humor and I am a category freak...here is mine....hope it helps someone.

You call this humor check this out

What happened? did you have a comment or a link for me to check out? I liked the humor on my list, sorry if you didn't:confused:. It was light-hearted and kid friendly.

How did your brother-in-law get beer onboard? Also, do you have to check the rolling cooler in or do you keep it with you when boarding the ship. Either way, do you stock it with water/soda's/juice... and ice before boarding?

How did your brother-in-law get beer onboard? Also, do you have to check the rolling cooler in or do you keep it with you when boarding the ship. Either way, do you stock it with water/soda's/juice... and ice before boarding?

My brother in law just took a case of it like he did the water and put a cruise luggage tag on it. Another time he bought a 12 pack of soda and dumped the soda cans out of the carton and filled it up with the beer cans. HA HA..

We check in the rolling cooler just like we do the luggage. We don't want to lug it with us. We don't stock it with anything except the snack items we buy at the store. Once we get it delivered to our cabin with the other luggage, then we ask the room attendant to fill it up with ice and he would keep it filled up with ice each day. Then we would put our waters, and sodas in it. We even took a case of redbull with us once. (we could have sold that on the ship for some serious money!! )

Do not fill it with ice prior to boarding.. it would leak all over everyone's luggage.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Just be smart when you place them in your luggage. My luggage had a liner that zipped down the inside back of the suitcase. One went there. One went inside a pair of pants. I also put each Rum Runner inside a zip loc bag to be on the safe side. We had four pieces of luggage and distributed the rum runners throughout the suitcases. Never lump them all together.

Just enjoy yourself and don't worry about it. People have been using these for years. My brother in law even brought beer on our cruise.. HA HA..

Let us all know if you have any questions!!!

LOVE those zipper linings! That was exactly my thought!

My husband and I usually have 1 bag for each of us and a bag for our formal clothes.

The bags basically hold a few days worth of clothes, (I bring things I can mix and match throughout the week), a couple pairs of shoes (day sandals, dress, and casual day...I'll wear tennis on the plane), we will put my foot cream and body spray in a clear plastic bag on top of everything. Mine will also have a small see-through toiletries case with my make-up, and a small little travel box which my husband's aunt bought me (has little compartments to hold my jewelry). I put my hairbrush and alarm clock in one of the outside zippers of my bag.

I only take a small thin Coach purse (large enough to hold sunglasses, tickets, passports, my Rx and a small moneypurse)

We arrive a day before the cruise and, go over to a drugstore of some kind and buy travel size shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, sunscreen, etc (makes packing easier).

With that said...I have a question for those that have a very extensive packing list.. how many bags do you take? I am not saying anything is wrong...I am just curious if it causes you to bring a lot of luggage.

For my husband and I we each take a large suitcase and a small suitcase. I roll my clothes instead of folding them which gives me lots and lots of space.

Take my rolling ice chest on the plan with me as a carry on.

Best Regards!

can you bring soda and bottled water on Royal Caribbean?

Yes you can bring both with no problems at all. Please read my review below, or check out the "Rum Runner" thread for additional conversations regarding soda and water.

Best Regards!

Wow. As a first time cruiser, there was a lot of things on both lists posted that I did not think about! I have added the shoe orgainizer, highlighter and post its to my list.

Thank you both for all the time you spent putting the lists together and for sharing them with us!

Wow. As a first time cruiser, there was a lot of things on both lists posted that I did not think about! I have added the shoe orgainizer, highlighter and post its to my list.

Thank you both for all the time you spent putting the lists together and for sharing them with us!

Yes the shoe organizer is just the best!! I am glad we could all help!!

hi! thanks so much for posting the list! i am a newbie looking up all types of info for my first cruise! your list was a life saver!:D

Congrats on your upcoming wedding.. you will have a great honeymoon. My daughter got married in April and they also went on a cruise honeymoon. I packed her suitcase.. HA HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Glad the list was helpful!!

With that said...I have a question for those that have a very extensive packing list.. how many bags do you take? I am not saying anything is wrong...I am just curious if it causes you to bring a lot of luggage.

Hi, thanks for the question. I posted my list on here and was a bit taken back when I kept scrolling down to read thru it for typos...what am I thinking, that list is huge? :D

However, it does fit in a small suitcase and in one larger suitcase (may have seen on HSN Joy Mangano weekender style garment and rolling carryon). I also take a backpack on the plane w/the essentials.

My trick is this: I use my garment luggage piece--i put a space bag (garment sized) inside and pack all my clothes. The spacebag can be rolled to let the air out--so no vaccuum needed. I use the other piece of luggage for socks/unders/pj's and all the gadgets for the room (nitelite, popup hamper, power strip, clothespins, walkietalkies, shoes etc). My backpack has all my paperwork in it and toiletries (3-1-1 sizes) and of course, my bathing suit and change of undergarments.

I wear sneakers and layer my sweatshirt w/tank top underneath and wear jean capris on the plane so they don't take up the room in the bags.

A lot of the little stuff adds up, but doesn't take up much room in the luggage. I make up my list by category so I don't forget what is needed for each thing (like carry on, beach bag, excursion stuff)....list looks long but there are a lot of doubles...I have a few bags w/zippers that I stuff in the sides of the luggage. I use those bags to take around the ship to sit by the pool, or for excursions, or for evening use.

I did take the advice of some of the posters and narrowed down my shoes to 3 pairs..that was tough, but what the heck....they all go with the black dresses....smile!

Edited by MICHLEV1974
forgot to mention...

As a first-time cruiser, the packing list was very helpful! I printed out a copy and will take it home with me! My cruise departs on 8/29/09 and I can't wait!

Glad it helps... I bet you are really excited about your cruise. I always am!!

O.K. everyone keeps listing rum runners. Is this a code for drinks or a real rum runner drink? I am not sure on this packing alcohol issue and would really like to understand what I can do. Thanks for the great packing list just need a little more help.

Did you get your rum runners yet ? They ship fast. Be sure to read the instructions that come with them about preparing them by filling with water.

I will most definately read the destructions...LOL...I couldn't believe how fast they shipped...they also CALLED me to make sure I had my address correct as I live on a rural route! They have been great...I am sure the rum runners will be even better!!!

I will most definately read the destructions...LOL...I couldn't believe how fast they shipped...they also CALLED me to make sure I had my address correct as I live on a rural route! They have been great...I am sure the rum runners will be even better!!!

How come I didn't think of think kind of invention???? :-)

• 2 weeks later...
O.K. everyone keeps listing rum runners. Is this a code for drinks or a real rum runner drink? I am not sure on this packing alcohol issue and would really like to understand what I can do. Thanks for the great packing list just need a little more help.

Hope it is a great cruise for you!!