Lobster on Norwegian Spirit

bluefintuna

In the main dinning room, it will not be Maine lobster....it will be some kind of frozen warm water lobster, like rock lobster.

In Cagney's I beleive for the extra charge you can get maine lobster and the proper trimmings.

yes!! 3 pound lobsters delivered by Markey's of new hampshire to the ship daily. All you can eat.:rolleyes:

just kidding, I guess you will find out next week but I'm sure not Maine lobsters

The lobster served in the main dining rooms on our "lobster nights" on our Spirit cruise (western caribbean in April) was served in a seafood alfredo pasta with shrimp, whitefish and scallops. We were disappointed, especially when the food and beverage guy at our meet and greet hyped it up that we were getting two lobster nights. Same dish both times, pretty much. :( Hopefully since you are sailing from New England, you will be properly fed with lobster the good way! On our trip, a tail could be purchased in Cagney's as part of Surf and Turf for an extra cost in addition to the regular cover charge.

Report back with what you get to eat!

Enjoy the Spirit. It is a great ship!

I think if they serve us rock lobster on the ship from BOSTON they will have a mutiny on hand.

Rock Lobster is yucky tasting when you are use to the real thing

Maybe Norwegian should make a deal with a local boston lobster dealer while they are up here. That would be great!!

I think if they serve us rock lobster on the ship from BOSTON they will have a mutiny on hand.

Rock Lobster is yucky tasting when you are use to the real thing

Maybe Norwegian should make a deal with a local boston lobster dealer while they are up here. That would be great!!

Cold water lobster is available in specialty restaurants for an additional charge. You're not going to get it in the main dining rooms because it's too expensive.

I was on the Spirit last week.

Lobster is available in the specialty restaurants every day for an extra extra charge..an additional $10.00 on top of the reastaurant cover charge of $15-$25.00 depending on which restaurant. LeBistro cover charge was $15.pp but and additional $10.pp if you chose a lobster entree.

Cagneys basic cover charge is $25.pp with an additional $10.00pp for lobster dishes.,

Lobster was available at the main dining room for free twice during the cruise, however the portion was small, usually a half tail served with another type of fish.

I ordered the lobster, but didn't care for it. The waitress saw that I hadn't eaten the meal, and even though I didn't complain, she brought me out a small sampler plate of the duck entree that I had inquired about,(and should have ordered) I'm really not high maintnence, honest :)

The first night the lobster dish was a combination of 1/2 lobster tail and broiled turbot.

The second lobster dish, served a couple of days later was called "Surf and more Surf", which was a pasta dish containing a small piece of lobster, what appeared to be bay scallops, one shrimp and some kind of white fish.

The lobster was ok, but definitly not the cold water variety that we get locally from New England waters.

On past NCL cruises on the Dawn and Majesty, lobster was served on the first sea day. The entire lobster tail was served with melted butter in the main restaurant. Not any more. sigh.

I'm actually kind of amused at how NCL advertises that lobster is available every night, and forgets to mention that the only free lobster is served twice during the seven days, two onces at a time.

Any NCL cruisers remember the old menus? Steak Diane, Warm chocolate Souffle with Baily's sauce? Floating Islands, Baked Brie? Delicious flambe'd duck in LeBistro? Banana's foster?

Gone baby gone...sigh

Yea it was rock lobster when i went in january. Had 3 of them. 2 were good one was rubbery. $25 for cagneys? Im guessin thats something with the spirits other ports?

When I was on the Dawn in January, the Cagneys cover charge was 20.00

for the basic non lobster dishes.

Last week on the Spirit, it was 25.00

We prefer LeBistro for a "pay" restaurant, but lots of people rave about Cagneys

Archived