On the verge of tears....

I was mistaken as I have found there are many daily flights scheduled from Fresno to Dallas.

Sure, if you like changing planes. However, there are only two Saturday non-stops. Both on American Airlines. The first yesterday was cancelled due to a mechanical problem. This was the OP's mom's original flight. The second flight, at 1:25 PM, was the flight on which the OP's mom was re-booked.

Additionally, there were no connections which departed Fresno after the originally cancelled flight, which would have allowed the OP's mom to make the DFW-SJU flight.

AG

I know a lot of 70 year olds that have no trouble traveling by themselves or handling delays. Usually 70 in today's world is young.

have a great cruise

That's exactly what I was thinking - my sister is 70 and quite capable. In fact, my aunt is 83 and still driving herself to work every day. Times have changed. My grandmother who passed away at 69 was an old lady for as long as I can remember.

That's exactly what I was thinking - my sister is 70 and quite capable. In fact, my aunt is 83 and still driving herself to work every day. Times have changed.

My grandmother who passed away at 69 was an old lady for as long as I can remember.

If the OP's mother was frail or uncomfortable traveling alone, I'm sure one member of the Dallas party could have stayed behind and accompanied her on the red eye flight.

My lovely wife has always been frightened to travel alone, even on a short flight. She did so once, an international flight, in her mid 20s, alone but for our baby daughter. She made it but swore never again.

She has a long way to go to get to 70 but would definitely need a traveling companion.

Archived