Best place to book Dolphin Excursion?

dizneefreak28

Does anyone have a recommendation on the best place to book a dolphin swim? I've checked a bunch of different sites and honestly they all seem the same. But I was hoping someone has had one they've used before and had a good experience with.

Thanks!

I can only say that I have decided that I will never book again with Dolphin Discovery. We were on the April 26 sailing of the Conquest. Of course after two days at sea we were told that our stop at Cozumel was cancelled. So that meant no Royal Dolphin Swim.

I called them on Monday May 4 after we got home. They told me it would take 10 business days to refund our money after they received the required information. I wrote a letter, had the Carnival letter stating that the port was cancelled and a copy of our reservation with all the details. We tried 2 different fax numbers, but it wouldn't go through. We asked if we could email it. They gave us an email and it kept coming back. We called again and they gave us another email. This one didn't come back. We thought everything was great. Then Monday May 18 we call them and are told we are on the list to get the refund. Then today we called to make sure it was going on our credit card and we are told they never received anything from us. They gave us yet another email address to send the information. We checked to make sure they received this one. They say they have and it will take 3 to 4 weeks for them to process the refund.

I have decided to never pay for anything in full before arriving at a port.

This is alot of money over $400 for the 3 of us.

I understand they are swamped with people trying to get their money back because of the swine flu situation. But having to go through so many fax numbers and emails before they finally say they received the information leaves a bad taste in our mouths. Heck we thought they had the information for 2 weeks since they told us we were on the list for the refund. We will see if we get our refund in 3 to 4 weeks. Have already called the credit card company and they say they will dispute it in 30 days if we haven't received it.

So just beware that it could take you some time to get your money back if you book with them and then your ship doesn't make it there.

I can only say that I have decided that I will never book again with Dolphin Discovery. We were on the April 26 sailing of the Conquest. Of course after two days at sea we were told that our stop at Cozumel was cancelled. So that meant no Royal Dolphin Swim.

I called them on Monday May 4 after we got home. They told me it would take 10 business days to refund our money after they received the required information. I wrote a letter, had the Carnival letter stating that the port was cancelled and a copy of our reservation with all the details. We tried 2 different fax numbers, but it wouldn't go through. We asked if we could email it. They gave us an email and it kept coming back. We called again and they gave us another email. This one didn't come back. We thought everything was great. Then Monday May 18 we call them and are told we are on the list to get the refund. Then today we called to make sure it was going on our credit card and we are told they never received anything from us. They gave us yet another email address to send the information. We checked to make sure they received this one. They say they have and it will take 3 to 4 weeks for them to process the refund.

I have decided to never pay for anything in full before arriving at a port.

This is alot of money over $400 for the 3 of us.

I understand they are swamped with people trying to get their money back because of the swine flu situation. But having to go through so many fax numbers and emails before they finally say they received the information leaves a bad taste in our mouths. Heck we thought they had the information for 2 weeks since they told us we were on the list for the refund. We will see if we get our refund in 3 to 4 weeks. Have already called the credit card company and they say they will dispute it in 30 days if we haven't received it.

So just beware that it could take you some time to get your money back if you book with them and then your ship doesn't make it there.

Luv2trvl, I hope you eventually get the refund issue straightened out. I think we would all like to know if you don't get your money back. When I did my research looking for an option to prebook that wasn't on the ship, all the sites I came across required prepayment. I took a chance anyways because we saved a substantial amount for 4 vs the ship price and I didn't want to be tied to the inflexibility of a ship excursion to Chankanaab park.

Don't give up on swimming with the dolphins if you get another chance - it was one of our cruise highlights.

• 3 weeks later...

This is just an update to let everyone know that I did receive my refund today. It took them 3 weeks after they acknowledged that we had a refund coming. It took a bit of work and a little more time than I had hoped, but they did come through. I just wouldn't like to go through this again.

Feb 2007 we went to dolphinaris, short cab ride to the left from the pier. Less than 5 min. We were treated great~ the kids had a wonderful time. We booked the kids program for our 2 girls through the cruise ship, and when we arrived they said the ship won't tell you this put each child may have a parent participate with them. We had a great time for $200.

We plan to go back in Feb 2010!

Feb 2007 we went to dolphinaris, short cab ride to the left from the pier. Less than 5 min. We were treated great~ the kids had a wonderful time. We booked the kids program for our 2 girls through the cruise ship, and when we arrived they said the ship won't tell you this put each child may have a parent participate with them. We had a great time for $200.

We plan to go back in Feb 2010!

sounds interesting. Where is the dolphinaris? What activities did they have in the kids program? We will be there in December.

luv2trvlnow and me along with many other people on this board had the same problem with Dolphin Discovery. Our stop to Cozumel was cancelled due to the swine flu. Even though Dolphin Discovery acknowledged they owed me a refund, I finally had to dispute the charge through my credit card company and after two months finally got my money back.

If you are hell bent on using them, I would suggest simply booking with them at the dock. I now can see why Carnival dropped them as a vendor for their tours.

Be very wary of booking with them in advance.

luv2trvlnow and me along with many other people on this board had the same problem with Dolphin Discovery. Our stop to Cozumel was cancelled due to the swine flu. Even though Dolphin Discovery acknowledged they owed me a refund, I finally had to dispute the charge through my credit card company and after two months finally got my money back.

If you are hell bent on using them, I would suggest simply booking with them at the dock. I now can see why Carnival dropped them as a vendor for their tours.

Be very wary of booking with them in advance.

Maybe just be aware of the posted cancellation policy before you book, too.

1. - If for some reason I need to cancel my program? What is the cancellation policy?

All cancellations requested at least 5 days before your program are subject to a 10% bank transaction fee. No refunds will apply for cancellations requested 4 days or less before your program.

2. - What happens if my trip by cruise ship or plane is cancelled and I cannot make it to my program?

Let us know. Only if you send us a letter from the airline or cruise ship company informing about the situation, we will schedule again the same program for any date with a valid certificate for a year or we will give you a 90% refund on the total cost, due to a 10% cancellation charge.

3. - Will I have a refund if there is bad weather the day of my program or if it is cancelled for some reason?

You will be able to enjoy your program during the next 7 days or we will offer a certificate valid for one year + 15% discount on additional bookings.

We did the Royal Swim at Dolphin Discover in early June and had a wonderful time! We were treated wonderfully and it was a highlight of our trip. I highly recommend this event.

Before we left, our ship took Cozumel off the itinerary and then put in back on a week before we left. I was able to call them and move my scheduled swim from Cozumel to Grand Cayman, and then back to Cozumel when it was added back to the itinerary. If for some reason your ship doesn't go (which is highly unlikely in the near future) just call your credit card company and have them handle it.

I wouldn't let the refund thing keep me from going...I would do the dolphin swim again in a heart beat. The nice thing about going here is that you can hang out in Chankanaab park before or afterwords....we had a nice lunch at on of the restaurants on the beach and relaxed on the beach. Good Luck.

We did the Royal Swim at Dolphin Discover in early June and had a wonderful time! We were treated wonderfully and it was a highlight of our trip. I highly recommend this event.

Before we left, our ship took Cozumel off the itinerary and then put in back on a week before we left. I was able to call them and move my scheduled swim from Cozumel to Grand Cayman, and then back to Cozumel when it was added back to the itinerary. If for some reason your ship doesn't go (which is highly unlikely in the near future) just call your credit card company and have them handle it.

I wouldn't let the refund thing keep me from going...I would do the dolphin swim again in a heart beat. The nice thing about going here is that you can hang out in Chankanaab park before or afterwords....we had a nice lunch at on of the restaurants on the beach and relaxed on the beach. Good Luck.

I agree, I agree! That's why I recomended it earlier, but when the poster gave it a thumbs down based on their experience with the refund issue, I simply pointed out the cancellation policy in place that they should have already been aware of. I didn't intend anything else, or to disuade anyone from going there, so I apologize if it came across that way. That policy would have NEVER stopped us from going anyway.

The Royal Swim with the dolphins was also the highlight of our trip, and I said earlier, that entire park is gorgeous!

We have booked our group of 4 to do the Royal Dolphin Swim at Chankanaab Park at 2:00 p.m. - our cruise ship departs at 5:00 p.m. - should I be concerned with any timing issues if we finish the swim and head back to the port? I have no idea if there is traffic or if taxis are hard to find.

Thanks for any info!

Archived