Cabin location?

PagingMyPast

Just booked on Princess Golden for 7/4/09 - feel like I'm so far behind and have so much to figure out and plan! Only other cruise was a Western Carribean on RC 4 years ago. Can someone help me figure out where my cabin is - A740 (inside). I checked out the deck plan on Princess website, but don't see ANY cabins on the 7th deck??? Am I not looking in the correct place? Just wanting to know if it is in a good location or not (and what makes for a bad location?)

Thanks,

Monica

The floor is actually the letter, so for A740, you are on the Aloha deck (deck 12). Cabins in the 700s are toward the back of the ship, and your cabin number is actually 2 away from the Terrace pool at the stern of the ship. Hope this helps.

Just booked on Princess Golden for 7/4/09 - feel like I'm so far behind and have so much to figure out and plan! Only other cruise was a Western Carribean on RC 4 years ago. Can someone help me figure out where my cabin is - A740 (inside). I checked out the deck plan on Princess website, but don't see ANY cabins on the 7th deck??? Am I not looking in the correct place? Just wanting to know if it is in a good location or not (and what makes for a bad location?)

Thanks,

Monica

It's not the 7th deck, it's Aloha. Try that. Hopefully it will work. Location is what you want it to be. Everyone likes a different part of the ship. Midship is usually the most stable in motion.

Thanks for the replies! OK, I found it - A740 is second from the end of the ship! Looks like we walk out past one cabin onto the deck of the Terrace Pool. I can imagine that could be good - almost like our own balcony or bad - lots of traffic? Also, the Outrigger Bar is above us (lots of chairs sliding around)? My husband is worried about the noise of the ship engines being in the back of the ship? Where are a ships engines? I guess I'm just worried after our last cruise - we were directly under the pool and at night I guess they drained it and it sounded like a giant toilet flushing for hours! I'm really a newbie at all this and beginning to stress. I can make do with any circumstance, but my husband is a grumpy traveler! Is it possible to request a location change after I've been assigned a cabin?

Thanks so much for your help!

Great location!!! If I ever booked an inside cabin this would be my first choice. Yes you can go out those back doors to the terrace pool, outrigger bar & buffet area. Very convenient.

I love the terrace pool area because it is usually not crowded and the views are awesome. You will feel like you have your own huge balcony and it is so easy to go for an evening swim. I have never had a problem with noise in this location, I think you will be very happy with this cabin. :D

Thanks for the replies! OK, I found it - A740 is second from the end of the ship! Looks like we walk out past one cabin onto the deck of the Terrace Pool. I can imagine that could be good - almost like our own balcony or bad - lots of traffic? No, there will not be lots of traffic. Actually, it will feel like your very own pool. Also, the Outrigger Bar is above us (lots of chairs sliding around)? No, you will not hear the sounds of the chairs moving around. My husband is worried about the noise of the ship engines being in the back of the ship? Where are a ships engines? The ships thrusters are in the rear and sometimes you'll feel the vibration and noise and sometimes you won't [it happened to us, once, in many cruises]I guess I'm just worried after our last cruise - we were directly under the pool and at night I guess they drained it and it sounded like a giant toilet flushing for hours! I'm really a newbie at all this and beginning to stress. I can make do with any circumstance, but my husband is a grumpy traveler! Is it possible to request a location change after I've been assigned a cabin? Yes, but it's not necessary. You'll be happy with the cabin you've chosen.

Thanks so much for your help!

There's always the potential for "anything" to happen on any given cruise. As I stated above....once, on the Golden, the thrusters were so noisey upon entering a port, that it literally scared us to death.

It never happened again on any of our subsequent cruises and it definitely was not a deal breaker to continue to book more cruises on the Golden and, in the very same cabin!

You will find things that you don't like and some things that you'll love....

My DH was not a great traveler either but he loves to play Tridominoes so, that became the focal point for him during the sea days or days when he didn't want to go into port. We would find a nice quiet lounge, near a window, set-up our game and play away....sometimes looking out the window at the view and sometimes meeting new friends who wanted to know more about the game.

It's all up to you.....how much you do and how much you don't!

Involving your DH in your activities will enhance his cruise and make it more fun for both of you!

Archived