Royal Suite on Summit

ustal

*doin' the upgrade dance!*

Just upgraded to a Royal Suite for our cruise on Summit.

What I'm trying to figure out is - are the balconies covered? I'm not so worried about sun - we're sailing Europe in November! But I'm curious as to how much the "neighbours" can see. If it makes a difference, we'll be in 6134.

Any other must-know details about the RS? Is there a "better" RS (view, noise, whatever), or are they all just wonderful? :)

Thanks!

Noirin

Kathy, I hope you'll come and enjoy with us! Especially after all your homework - thank you so much for the info!

And unless someone on the rollcall has booked the Penthouse, our place is definitely "open house" for sailaway and cocktail parties! :rolleyes:

We are just off Summit in a RS.

The layout and size are great. Butlers are wonderful! (We had Keith Gonsalves)

We were in 6139, and it was in TERRIBLE shape. Even had a bad leak which made the carpet very wet. (they tore the bathroom and room apart to find it.They had to recaulk the shower and floor)

The TVs had been replaced, but the holes for the cords from the previous Tvs were there, and wires just hung down. Our DVD player didnt work in the bedroom.

Holes in the carpets.. Sofa cushion completely torn at the seams.

Staff nice about it, but it was very sad to see...

The deck is covered- but depending on the angle of the sun, it can sneak in...

Dont get me wrong- none of this ruined our cruise- but they really need to take care of these rooms.. fast.. If they can get the rooms back in shape, they are a great layout.

I know you will love it.. these are just superficial issues...and if you have Keith, he is the best!

Archived