Balcony/Suite Locations

FIREKILLER

We've had suites in all three locations. The aft corner suites on the Spirit class ships remain my favorite. The balcony is unbelievable and the way the cabin is separated into two rooms is pretty cool. The mid-ship suites are very nice and primarily what we get on the other classes of ships. We like their proximity to the atrium stairwell. Balconlies are somewhat bigger but not that great. The suites located in the front are interesting. Standard size balcony, but the room "feels" much much bigger due to the layout, which is very nice. Regardless of the location of the suite, the bathrooms in all of them are awesome!

We've had suites in all three locations. The aft corner suites on the Spirit class ships remain my favorite. The balcony is unbelievable and the way the cabin is separated into two rooms is pretty cool. The mid-ship suites are very nice and primarily what we get on the other classes of ships. We like their proximity to the atrium stairwell. Balconlies are somewhat bigger but not that great. The suites located in the front are interesting. Standard size balcony, but the room "feels" much much bigger due to the layout, which is very nice. Regardless of the location of the suite, the bathrooms in all of them are awesome!

Hey shortstop95,

I see you sailed on the Liberty, that's my next ship. Did you have a suite on this ship? And what deck where you on and how was the ride? We are doing the eastern caribbean leg in June, wondering if you sailed this route and time before? Thanks:)

• 11 months later...

shortstop: I see you were on Carnival Imagaination 9/08. What type stateroom were you in? I'm looking for info on OB suites vs OS vs GS. Any info would be great! Thanks!

I have stayed in suites towards the forward section of the ship, is that what you mean? They hae always been nice, not too much ship movement. Balconies not as big as the aft wraps but more private, pleanty big enough for myself and DW.

I'm also debating OB vs OS on the Imagination. Are there whirlpool tubs in both or just the grand suite? Is it worth the extra $$ to get the OS??

charleygirl: With all that I have been reading, I am really starting to think about either splurging for a GS, or downgrading to an ocean view. I'd like to try to be mid-ship as I hear there is more movement in the forward cabins, and both the OB & OS categories appear to be forward. When are you sailing?

We are sailing August 19th. I want a suite so I can have a bath tub. I don't know if I can talk my friend into splurging for the GS, even though he thinks we should go with a OS vs the OB. Sailed on NCL Sky last summer. The bathroom and shower were too small...even though we had a balcony stateroom. Sailed on the Miracle during its first month (April 2004). Had a mini-suite and loved it. This will be my fourth cruise. I've never had a problem with motion sickness and I've been forward, aft, and mid-ship.

Archived