Huge Price Increase For Window Suites On Golden to Hawaii in Fall 2010

sasejm

For anyone wanting to book a Window Suite (WS) on the Golden Princess for October 2010 or later you may want to look at going in 2009 and no later than April 2010. The price on Princess' website for the WS to Hawaii this year and into the Spring of 2010 ranges from $3035 pp to about $3300 pp. Starting in October 2010 the same cruise for a WS starts at around $4800 pp.

I am curious about this WS room you are talking about. Does that mean it is a larger room but has only a window, no balcony? If that is the case, wow what an expensive room. Can't imagine why someone would pay that kind of money for a room without a balcony.

Karon

Karon- The window suites are currently being added to the Golden and have already been added to the Caribbean Princess. I'm not too sure of their size but I believe they are a little smaller than a regular suite and they have only windows, no balcony. They do get the same perks as the suites with a balcony.

On March 31, 2009 we booked the Golden doing Hawaii roundtrip from LA and got C753 which is one of those larger balconies. We booked through Princess web site and our price is $600 less that what they are quoting on their web site today. Our sail date is Jan. 31st. It does seem like prices have gone up in the last couple of months on most of their cruises.

We sail on the Crown in Sept and right now the web site price is almost twice what we are paying. I haven't seen any real sale prices in awhile.

Karon

I think part of their thinking is they are only adding these cabins now, and haven't had a lot of lead time to sell them, so maybe this fall and winter, they are under more pressure to get them sold. But a year away, maybe they are testing the waters a bit to see what the market will bear on them. It seems like a lot of later 2010 pricing is higher, in hopes that the economy will support higher prices for then compared to now.

• 1 month later...

Archived