How are the sofa beds on the Star?

We will be sailing on the Star this fall and my mom & grandparents are sharing a BA room. How are the sofa beds on this ship? Have they been updated in recent months or are they years old? We were on the Spirit about a year ago and the couch bed she slept on was HORRIBLE. I am really considering taking along an Aerobed for her to use rather than risk a week of back problems and little sleep (which leads to a grumpy mama!).

I can't address the Star specifically, but I had to sleep on a sofa bed at home a few years ago when I broke my leg. Do your mama a favor and bring the aerobed. Those sofa beds stink. Really! You don't want a grumpy mama.

They make your legs, arms. back, hurt. You will not wake up a happy camper. That is, if you've even gone to sleep at all!

My 70+ year old Mom slept on the sofa bed twice. Alaska cruise in a balcony room and Mexico cruise in a mini suite. They are very firm, which she likes. I tried it out to be sure and it was fine. But I like a firm mattress too.

The sofa is very firm when it's not opened as a bed too.

I realized you asked about a ship, not my home.:o I took a nap on the sofa bed before we filled it up with trinkets; it was still bad. That was after the make-over of the Spirit.

I will definitely bring my Aerobed if I ever come visit! :D

I think we will bring the Aerobed for good measure. We are already bringing the kids Aerobed for my 2 yr old so we don't have to worry about him rolling off the couch bed, so we'll just have a dedicated "bed" suitcase. It will be well worth the luggage fee the airline assesses to be able to sleep well for the week. Since it's so easy to inflate/deflate, they can decide whether to leave it up during the day or deflate and move out of the way.

Archived