Caribbean Gems on Destiny 10/1/10

Hi all

We are doing the Gems cruise from the Dominican Republic in Jan 2010, we have previously been on the Spirit and enjoyed the dressing up for the Captains Dinner.

I was wondering, will it be to hot for the full DJ in the Caribbean?

What trips were available for the islands? or would you recommend independant touring?

Also has anyone stayed at the Ocean Blue hotel in Dom Rep, what was it like?

There are 6 of us traveling for my parents friend's 60th, so hoping it will be excellent.

Thanks

We did this trip earlier this year - here is a link to the review.

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=930536&highlight=caribbean+gems

I think the itinerary is slightly altered next year - if you look at this review of Coral Islands, St Lucia and Tortola are covered in there.

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=929750&highlight=coral+islands

Hope these help.

Hi all

We are doing the Gems cruise from the Dominican Republic in Jan 2010, we have previously been on the Spirit and enjoyed the dressing up for the Captains Dinner.

I was wondering, will it be to hot for the full DJ in the Caribbean?

The ship will be well air condidtioned so wearing a full DJ etc shouldn't be too much of a problem. It certainly wasn't when we were in the Caribbean in November, althugh that was with a different line.

I hope that helps.

Eddie

thanks for the responses. DJ it is then :)

We are sailing from Dominican Republic to Grenada, St Lucia, Antigua, St Martin and finishing with Tortola, so a good variety of the islands.

Just over 7 months to go...........

Lucysplace - see you in the bar for a drink then!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi - we will be joining this on the 17th of January for 2 weeks. Can't wait. We went to the Caribbean last November and it was lovely.

Our favourite places were St. Maarten, Tortola and St Lucia.

Off on the Destiny next week for 2 weeks around the med.

Ann

Hi

We're going 10th Jan for 2 weeks so looks like quite a few of us are going to overlap. My husband wore his kilt each week on Destiny last January and its much heavier than a dj and he was fine. Steelerannie - have a great cruise next week - see if you can pick up any info as to who is entertainments etc. next Jan and if there is any refurbishments planned before then.

Sandie

Archived