Liberty or Valor

sugarsmacks

Trying to put together a family and friends cruise for mid January 2010. There will be around 40 of us. Ages 1yr-80yrs. We have been on the Miracle twice and loved it. We are looking at 2 different ones.

Liberty-Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios. and 3 sea days

Valor- Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Belize, Roatan, and 2 sea days

We haven't been to Ocho Rios or Roatan yet so its hard to decide on which one to go with. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Hey SugarSmacks!

I am planning on he Valor cruise in December.

I did the 6 Day Western on the Freedom last year and it went to GC and Ocho Rios. To be completely honest, I don't think I will ever go back to Jamaica. Maybe it was because we were the only ship in port that day but, I have never been hassled so much!

Now, I am sure, had we gone outside of the "tourist" area, it would have been fine but, I go on vacation to relax not be hassled to buy a Peace necklace or marijuana.

However, we did do the Dunns River Falls and, because of that, it made the port of call worth it.

Good luck and have fun planning your vacation!:)

Trying to put together a family and friends cruise for mid January 2010. There will be around 40 of us. Ages 1yr-80yrs. We have been on the Miracle twice and loved it. We are looking at 2 different ones.

Liberty-Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios. and 3 sea days

Valor- Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Belize, Roatan, and 2 sea days

We haven't been to Ocho Rios or Roatan yet so its hard to decide on which one to go with. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

For the age span you describe, I would pick the Valor itinerary. For those who say they enjoyed Ocho Rios, many of them will say they did Dunns River Falls. That's not an excursion for the very young or for the older ones in your group.

Cozumel, Grand Cayman, elize and Roatan have much more to offer for the age groups you describe.

Dianne

We did the Liberty last year with that itinerary and are doing the Valor next year. Loved the Liberty but based on the shore excursions you should totally go on the Valor. Skip Ocho Rios - not the best place. We did the falls and they were cool but not really what we expected. Also the people were so pushy - it was almost scary. We loved Cayman and Cozumel and can't wait to go back - and we are excited about the new places :)

We ended up going with the Valor as our first cruise...I was looking at the same cruises you are. The Valor and the intenerary came highly recommended. We will be on the Jan. 31 cruise!! Can't wait!

Thank you everyone for your comments. I really would love to do the Valor but we have a few in our group that really want to do Dunns River Falls. Not sure which one we will pick. Are both ships pretty much the same since they are in the same class? My children want to make sure they have an arcade and basketball court.

You didn't mention price but would bet that you can get a much better deal on the Valor since it is an older ship (not really but compared to the Liberty) along with the large number of cabins/ships available out of Miami.

Right now they are both the same price. Prices start at 409 for inside room. How much older is the Valor? We tend to like the newer and bigger ships.

Valor came into service in 2004 and was refurbished in 2008. Liberty came into service in 2005 and was refurbished in 2008.

You are pretty much comparig apples to apples.

Dianne

Archived