Eurodam VT vs VF

magictam

Hi All

I just booked a VF guarantee on the Eurodam for March 2010. Got a really good price. The price of the VF and the VT were the same. I have never heard of the VT catogory, so my TA booked the VF.

Can anyone please tell me about the VT? Would it be the better choice?

This will be our first time on the Eurodam and the Eastern Caribbean.

Thanks for any help.

Tammie

There's a couple things to keep in mind with these categories... view them as pros or cons... opinions vary, but here goes:

VF

Most are all the way forward

Most have a solid steel verandah railing (not plexiglas)

Most will be in the vicinity above the show lounge (not a big deal unless you go to bed EARLY when on vacation)

Larger size balcony than VT with a hinged door

Deck 4

VT

Spa amenities are included

Quick access to the Crow's Nest and coffee/library/DVDs at the Explorations Cafe

Forward, but not as far forward as most VF's

Smaller balcony but with a sliding door

Deck 11

Hope that breakdown helps!

Hi All

I just booked a VF guarantee on the Eurodam for March 2010. Got a really good price. The price of the VF and the VT were the same. I have never heard of the VT catogory, so my TA booked the VF.

Can anyone please tell me about the VT? Would it be the better choice?

This will be our first time on the Eurodam and the Eastern Caribbean.

Thanks for any help.

Tammie

Hey Tammie,

Which week were you planning to sail in March? I was looking into the E'dam for our March Break.

~ Alison

For a few $$$ more, check out the VD staterooms on the same deck. They are the same size as all other "V" cabins, but have a slightly bigger balcony with the plexglass railing you can see through.

WOW you guys are the best!

jtl513, thank you for finding the pictures for me.

DutchByAssociation, the comparision really helped. Since I love spending time out on the balcony, I'll have to stay with the VF.

Alison, girl friend, where have you been? How have you been? We're booked on the March 20th sailing. HALs having a 3 day sale so I think that's why the price was really good. Check it out and come join us if you can. Toni and her DH will be there too.

Thanks again everyone! HAL has always been really good to me regarding guarantees, hopfully they will be this time too:)

Have a great day!!!!

Tammie

Alison, girl friend, where have you been? How have you been? We're booked on the March 20th sailing. HALs having a 3 day sale so I think that's why the price was really good. Check it out and come join us if you can. Toni and her DH will be there too.

Dang it, I will probably have to miss the trip because I think my Break is scheduled for the week before your sailing. Gee and it would have been like old times when we were heading to Alaska on the Noordam too. :(

I am leaving on the E'dam on August 1 for the Gems of the Baltic cruise and am getting so excited. There might be the possibility of doing Alaska again in 2010 on the 14 day Amsterdam out of Seattle...ya never know! ;)

Dang it, I will probably have to miss the trip because I think my Break is scheduled for the week before your sailing. Gee and it would have been like old times when we were heading to Alaska on the Noordam too. :(

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you might be able to sneak aboard.

I finally talked my 2nd Sis into trying a cruise.

I can't wait to hear all about the Eurodam when you get back from the Baltic. Enjoy your cruise!!

VF

Most are all the way forward

Most have a solid steel verandah railing (not plexiglas)

Most will be in the vicinity above the show lounge (not a big deal unless you go to bed EARLY when on vacation)

But none of that is true for the deck 5 VFs. :)

Archived