Visa for Turkey

Our cruise ends in Turkey. My cruiseline said they can help you secure a Visa once on a ship. Would I be better off just getting it myself ahead of time? I'm sure the ship is going to charge me some kind of fee (in addition to the cost of the visa). Has anyone done this before? Thanks!

Our cruise ends in Turkey. My cruiseline said they can help you secure a Visa once on a ship. Would I be better off just getting it myself ahead of time? I'm sure the ship is going to charge me some kind of fee (in addition to the cost of the visa). Has anyone done this before? Thanks!

Wait until you get onto the ship, you will not be charged more. I looked into getting it ahead of time and that does cost more and a real hassle.

Do you need a visa if the ship is only in port for a day as opposed to staying there for a few days?

USA citizens (as we as those from many other countries) do not need a visa if the ship is in port for the day or even for an overnight. Visas are only required if the ship is there overnight and one chooses to stay at a hotel on land or if one is beginning or ending their trip in Turkey.

Keith

Archived