Cruising to Healthy

brooklynfc

Just keep swimming...lol. I love that movie.

OK, my dad was trying to be nice and went out to get us ice cream b/c I bought dinner......how can I say no to that???

30 more mins it is....Thank God I just downloaded some Journey to help move things along. Along with some Fergie and I should be golden.

I went with oatmeal, 2 % milk and wheat toast.

Then I vaccumed the house and worked on doing some spring cleaning in my room. Now I'm rewarding my good exercise this week with a Pedicure with my mom....

Good Choices to you....

You should..like I said, if you go to a University-based weight reserach program, there is also a big psychological component to it. If there is a psychological component to it, the lapband won't work or no diet will until you address that part of it. The truth is, you will die at a very young age if you don't do something. You already know the reserach on health problems that are related to weight. 'Tis true!

Babysteps are a good start. Even if you eat only half of everything you eat in a day..the good, bad, and the ugly..it's a change. Even if you drink 3 more glasses of water it's a change. If you don't change anything, you really lose your right to complain about anything. So take the baby steps.

People can make thousands of excuses. I liked the Kristie Alley article in People Magazine this week..she said something to the effect of that no matter what you call it..obesity, overweight, any politically correct term, it's still what it is..fat..and most people don't like because it hurts to much so they sugar coat it..I beleive if people faced the pain in life they'd go so much further.

In the end, for everyone, you are the only one that can put down the fork and push yourself away from the table. You are the only one that controls what you do..not the diet industry, your mate, friends, etc. Nobody or no system can really be blamed.

Don't take my directness the wrong way. It's meant in kindness. Looking forward to learning what baby steps you will take :)

Menina

I've thought of seeking help for the emotional part of the weight gain, but I kept thinking it was just a excuse not an issue. Maybe I will reconsider.
Edited by Gathina

Another thing I'll chime in on here..you have to plan to succeed. Fast food (a.k.a. "fat food") is only convenience. It takes 1 minute to zap a bowl of oatmeal in the microwave for breakfast and less than 5 minutes to put some fruit and water in a small lunchbox. It takes maybe 10 minutes to throw some chicken breasts or fish in the oven. 1 minute or less to pour a salad out of a bag. Ok..so that's 16 minutes...how long have you ever waited to be served in a fast food restaurant or wasted 16 minutes in a day doing something trivial? :) Plan your meals, buy healthy food, force yourself to take a few minutes to plan your meals and food.

Again, I mean no disrespect..:)

Of course your stomach is going to complain with less food..it's already stretched out from the food you are used to eating. What's wrong with having a snack between lunch and breakfast? Nothing..if it's a "healthy snack".

I'll have to put that website in my HOPE chest, lol. No prospects on my list, but I'd honestly rather meet a guy now rather than (assuming I meet my goals) later, then I'd know he truly loved me and not the package I'm wrapped in.

Okay, confession time hmmm....Well this morning I had a Bojangles chicken biscuit. I wish they had grilled chicken biscuits, but it keeps me fuller longer and I don't have to have a snack between breakfast and lunch.

Lunch I had a 6 inch turkey on roasted garlic bread, w/ baked chips and then I did a bad thing, I went to our campus bookstore and got a ice cream bar. But it was either the one ice cream bar or three subway choco cookies, so I chose the lesser evil. So breakfast was 450, lunch was 600 and now I've got dinner. I'm on a 2000 calorie diet. The nutrition that I saw about a year ago (another gimick weight loss program) said I had to be eating about 3500 calories to maintain my body weight, so I figure I'd lower it to 2000. You can't starve yourself b/c then you don't lose, but I don't want to take it too slow b/c I won't lose either. Some days I'm 1800, some days I'm 2500, but the point is that I'm eating less and now I'm moving more.

I'm more than happy to keep the thread going. Maybe some more people will join us. Its always good to have a a good support system, especially ones that know what you are going through.

I hate Skinny girl work out tapes. The exercise lady in my WW video is skinny, but they have normal WW members doing the exercises in the background, so it doesn't seem that bad. I'd love to lose enough that I could get back to the dance cardio workout. It was fun!

I'm jealous...I want a pedi too :p

Uhh I forgot about breakfast this morning though I almost NEVER do that!

My best friend stayed the night so we went walking this morning..of course I would have felt guilty if I didn't. I haven't been in a week or more so I had to start out at a smaller distance. tonight I will try to push myself to walk again along with some weight resistant exercises on my total gym (LOVE it btw).

We went too the Tanger outlets..she bought clothes..something I can never do around here so I bought a handbag LOL

Lunched at Uno's. Ate half a Turkey sand and the fries were salty and nasty so I didn't eat but a few of those.

Well see what tonight brings. Hope you girls are doing well today!

The weather is beautiful out here today so I have no excuse. :cool:

Today was good, After breakfast (which you should eat missy :P) I had peanut butter and jelly and some baked chips for lunch, a snack of noodles around 3ish and then ate dinner late which was salmon, carrots and some unsalted unbutter plain old potatoes. :D Wasnt a bad day, but we did go get ice cream from the ice cream place at the end of my street. The walk there doesnt burn it off but I did go for a small instead of a medium like I normally do. No gym today but I will be sure to get there tomorrow. Another semi down fall for me. I play video games... ALOT. Well if your familiar with World of Warcraft then thats my down fall. We quit about 3 months ago but just took it back up today. When we were playing last I resorted to fast food alot because it was quicker then preparing a meal. I would grab it on the way home from work just to get to playing faster. But we are going to be really careful. Jeff is going to help me not do that and if I do something like that for the game then we are going to stop playing immediately! Its an unhealthy obsession but hey doesnt everyone have something they are really into :) I will just try to keep it more in check this time. I did stop playing today to make a good dinner for us, and then I stopped playing to check in my forums and facebook so I think it will be ok to play again for a bit. Keeps my mind of snacking atleast.

Brook, your picture is beautiful. your skin is like it was whenyou were born,girl. i too am too fat although i am much older, but dosen't matter fat is fat. right? i am getting into walking every day. i wish i had a wii to exercise with. maybe i can do that later i used to be skinny (thats depressing) l look at my skinny clothes and want to cry. but i did this to myself. no one to blame but me and now i will have to get myself out of it. i am trying to leave off cokes ( which i love) to maybe one a week BY the way my daughter lost 150 pounds on weight watchers. it was hard for her but she did it. I am proud!!! i do take vitamins that help me to not be hungry and gives me energy to get up and around.without them i couldn't do it. i am not on a diet but i try not to put more than 2 tablespoons on my plate of what i am having. also there are some frozen foods that are portioned out and approvedby weight watchers. and they are quick to fix. well enough good luck and hope you enjoy your cruise.

You should..like I said, if you go to a University-based weight reserach program, there is also a big psychological component to it. If there is a psychological component to it, the lapband won't work or no diet will until you address that part of it. The truth is, you will die at a very young age if you don't do something. You already know the reserach on health problems that are related to weight. 'Tis true!

Babysteps are a good start. Even if you eat only half of everything you eat in a day..the good, bad, and the ugly..it's a change. Even if you drink 3 more glasses of water it's a change. If you don't change anything, you really lose your right to complain about anything. So take the baby steps.

People can make thousands of excuses. I liked the Kristie Alley article in People Magazine this week..she said something to the effect of that no matter what you call it..obesity, overweight, any politically correct term, it's still what it is..fat..and most people don't like because it hurts to much so they sugar coat it..I beleive if people faced the pain in life they'd go so much further.

In the end, for everyone, you are the only one that can put down the fork and push yourself away from the table. You are the only one that controls what you do..not the diet industry, your mate, friends, etc. Nobody or no system can really be blamed.

Don't take my directness the wrong way. It's meant in kindness. Looking forward to learning what baby steps you will take :)

Menina

No harm no foul. Tough love doesn't hurt unless someone is intentionally being hurtful to be harmful. You're not, just laying it out there.

I actually saw a counselor in college for a while, not for weight, but stress. It does help to talk, so maybe if I talk to someone it might aleviet stress that causes emotional it at the least.

I know what Fast Food does. I used the fact that mom and I hadn't gone to the grocery yet to go out to eat for BK and Dinner. I'm lazy when it comes to cooking, its a fault and needs to be worked on.

I could have made a wiser Fast Food choice too. Egg McMuffins are only like 300 cals and I could have eaten just a grilled chicken from McD's. But you are right with baby steps. I was happy that I had stayed within my calorie range even though the choices were "junk" choices. Totally taking Fast Food out will cause me to crave it, I know I've been there. I'm guessing its like Caffeine, you have to wing off of it and there are sometimes when its the only choice and at that point you have to know your "better" choices.

Salad is quick, but I stay away from it. I have to make the world's most unhealiest salads! I just can't eat lettuce and tomato with carrots....no I have to add cheese, bacon bits, crackers, and full fat ranch. I know, I know....I DON"T HAVE to, but I don't like it any other way ( I can give into the Light Done Rigth Ranch though), so I choose not to eat salad for that reason.

You have some good points and I will def. put them on my "to do" list.

Brook, your picture is beautiful. your skin is like it was whenyou were born,girl. i too am too fat although i am much older, but dosen't matter fat is fat. right? i am getting into walking every day. i wish i had a wii to exercise with. maybe i can do that later i used to be skinny (thats depressing) l look at my skinny clothes and want to cry. but i did this to myself. no one to blame but me and now i will have to get myself out of it. i am trying to leave off cokes ( which i love) to maybe one a week BY the way my daughter lost 150 pounds on weight watchers. it was hard for her but she did it. I am proud!!! i do take vitamins that help me to not be hungry and gives me energy to get up and around.without them i couldn't do it. i am not on a diet but i try not to put more than 2 tablespoons on my plate of what i am having. also there are some frozen foods that are portioned out and approvedby weight watchers. and they are quick to fix. well enough good luck and hope you enjoy your cruise.

Older just means you are wiser, my friend. I try not to let myself get depressed. If I focus too much on the bad things about my body it does make me sad, not motivated. If I concentrate on the fact that I have pretty eyes and great smile, then I can say to myself....."Think how a smaller waste with go with those, you'll be unstoppable!"

Your daughter is amazing...she did great! WW did work for me twice, but it was my fault for giving up and at this point I don't have the budget to go back, but the sparkpeople, to me, is the same as the WW website except for you just count calories and Its FREE!

Keep on trucking....We ARE!

Today was good, After breakfast (which you should eat missy :P) I had peanut butter and jelly and some baked chips for lunch, a snack of noodles around 3ish and then ate dinner late which was salmon, carrots and some unsalted unbutter plain old potatoes. :D Wasnt a bad day, but we did go get ice cream from the ice cream place at the end of my street. The walk there doesnt burn it off but I did go for a small instead of a medium like I normally do. No gym today but I will be sure to get there tomorrow. Another semi down fall for me. I play video games... ALOT. Well if your familiar with World of Warcraft then thats my down fall. We quit about 3 months ago but just took it back up today. When we were playing last I resorted to fast food alot because it was quicker then preparing a meal. I would grab it on the way home from work just to get to playing faster. But we are going to be really careful. Jeff is going to help me not do that and if I do something like that for the game then we are going to stop playing immediately! Its an unhealthy obsession but hey doesnt everyone have something they are really into :) I will just try to keep it more in check this time. I did stop playing today to make a good dinner for us, and then I stopped playing to check in my forums and facebook so I think it will be ok to play again for a bit. Keeps my mind of snacking atleast.

A little late night confession....

Today was a fair day. I did the oatmeal....cleaned...then headed out to the mall for pedis. We went to Buffalo Wild Wings b/c we didn't have a lot of time and the Pedi place was right next to it. However, I order the min chickens sandwiches and mom got the min burgers, we switched one (there were three). I ate one of each and some fries and then we both left the rest of the fries and minis at the table.

Pedies.....were I was chastized by the lady for have bad callus...I'm a country girl I walk around barefoot in the grass, gravel, dirt what does she expect, lol. But she did an awesome job and got my feet like butter.

Hit the mall and my mom's skinny friend (who can eat anything and not gain an ounce) decides she wants a pretzel, so of course we endulge. However, I got the salted with carmel, but didn't finish it and gave the rest to mom b/c she didn't like her ciniamon one.

Walking the mall was good. We probably got a 30 min walk in (in an hour), no sitting and I tried to keep myself in motion even when we were looking at clothes.

Ugh, then the skinny friend wanted Dunkin Donuts!!! She is soooooo evil! Good thing we got a dozen to go. On the way back we wanted dinner so we stopped. Dinner was a 8oz steak with salad (gasp! with cheese, and full fat ranch, crackers, but not bacon bits.) and toast. Didn't finishe all that either!!!

If it wasn't so late I would have gotten a 30 min bike in, but I'm tired. I plan on finishing spring cleaning tomr and getting in a exercise.

My things I need to work on...I need to intake more water on the weekends. I do great during the work week, but the weekends seem to make me kick that good habit. (mainly b/c I hate going out and having to pee every 10 mins b/c I've been drinking so much water).

Next time with the steak I will cut out the bread and potato....too much carb intake....Note to self: ask if they have steamed veggies next time.

Positive for the day: I didn't completely finish any meal I started today.

Good choices to all.....

Every baby step counts, no matter how small. Good work.

A lot of the problem people have with overeating is not the food, it's how they think about food, and they don't work on their impulse control. Impulse control is huge. You gotta tell yourself like "I have the rest of my life to eat cookies, I don't need to eat them today". And you find something else to do. It goes back to planning. When you see people who plan in life, they rarely have problems with impulse control. People who have problems with credit cards usualy have impulse control issues "they have to have the gucci purse to feel good, they deserve it".

When you are at the fast food place, you have to ask yourself "Do I have to have this or do I 'need' it?" or, "Why do I need to eat 10 cookies if the serving size is 4". So you eat the 4 cookies and not the 10. Now you tell me, who "needs" 10 cookies?.

Also, don't punish the so called "skinny people" just because they want a donut or something. The gal probably can have 1 donut and be satisified, and I doubt she'll eat another donut again in the near future. She'll probably wait awhile. The skinny gal has the right to eat the donut, because she knows how to not give into her impulses. You don't have the right to eat a donut at this present time (note, I said present time) because of your impulse control.

I stopped eating fast food years ago. I actually had two tacos from Taco Bell last night and barfed the whole thing up. It was horrible. Lost my taste buds. Does happen when you give up some things. Then my stomach ached for hours. YUCK. I dont want to feel that way again.

I couldn't eat a salad with just lettuce tomatoes and cucumbers or carrots. BORING. YUCK. But I can eat a salad with lettuce, spinach, basil leaves, a tiny bit of fresh mozzarella and some rice wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar. I'd rather taste the vegetables than al the dressing, etc. You don't like it any other way? What other ways have you TRIED to eat salad? There are thousands of recipes on the internet for salad that take less than 5 minutes to make.

Planning, planning, planning :)

Menina :)

No harm no foul. Tough love doesn't hurt unless someone is intentionally being hurtful to be harmful. You're not, just laying it out there.

I actually saw a counselor in college for a while, not for weight, but stress. It does help to talk, so maybe if I talk to someone it might aleviet stress that causes emotional it at the least.

I know what Fast Food does. I used the fact that mom and I hadn't gone to the grocery yet to go out to eat for BK and Dinner. I'm lazy when it comes to cooking, its a fault and needs to be worked on.

I could have made a wiser Fast Food choice too. Egg McMuffins are only like 300 cals and I could have eaten just a grilled chicken from McD's. But you are right with baby steps. I was happy that I had stayed within my calorie range even though the choices were "junk" choices. Totally taking Fast Food out will cause me to crave it, I know I've been there. I'm guessing its like Caffeine, you have to wing off of it and there are sometimes when its the only choice and at that point you have to know your "better" choices.

Salad is quick, but I stay away from it. I have to make the world's most unhealiest salads! I just can't eat lettuce and tomato with carrots....no I have to add cheese, bacon bits, crackers, and full fat ranch. I know, I know....I DON"T HAVE to, but I don't like it any other way ( I can give into the Light Done Rigth Ranch though), so I choose not to eat salad for that reason.

You have some good points and I will def. put them on my "to do" list.

Every baby step counts, no matter how small. Good work.

A lot of the problem people have with overeating is not the food, it's how they think about food, and they don't work on their impulse control. Impulse control is huge. You gotta tell yourself like "I have the rest of my life to eat cookies, I don't need to eat them today". And you find something else to do. It goes back to planning. When you see people who plan in life, they rarely have problems with impulse control. People who have problems with credit cards usualy have impulse control issues "they have to have the gucci purse to feel good, they deserve it".

When you are at the fast food place, you have to ask yourself "Do I have to have this or do I 'need' it?" or, "Why do I need to eat 10 cookies if the serving size is 4". So you eat the 4 cookies and not the 10. Now you tell me, who "needs" 10 cookies?.

Also, don't punish the so called "skinny people" just because they want a donut or something. The gal probably can have 1 donut and be satisified, and I doubt she'll eat another donut again in the near future. She'll probably wait awhile. The skinny gal has the right to eat the donut, because she knows how to not give into her impulses. You don't have the right to eat a donut at this present time (note, I said present time) because of your impulse control.

I stopped eating fast food years ago. I actually had two tacos from Taco Bell last night and barfed the whole thing up. It was horrible. Lost my taste buds. Does happen when you give up some things. Then my stomach ached for hours. YUCK. I dont want to feel that way again.

I couldn't eat a salad with just lettuce tomatoes and cucumbers or carrots. BORING. YUCK. But I can eat a salad with lettuce, spinach, basil leaves, a tiny bit of fresh mozzarella and some rice wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar. I'd rather taste the vegetables than al the dressing, etc. You don't like it any other way? What other ways have you TRIED to eat salad? There are thousands of recipes on the internet for salad that take less than 5 minutes to make.

Planning, planning, planning :)

Menina :)

Haha, I don't hate on the skinny girl, I envy her. At age 56 she has a higher metabolism than I do at 25. Its not that she ate the donut...She ate the soft pretzel, Then a 6 piece huge chicken tenders with fries cole slaw and hush puppies, then 10 mins later she ate a donut and was eating laffy taffy. Envy is the issue there.

Yes, the salad has been an issue. My aunt even tried to help twice. She made a a Caprisz (sp) with tomatos and mozorella and flavored Olive Oil. I can def. handle that salad, even tho there isn't much to it. Then the next time she had bought every kind of different salad dressing she could to get me to try them to see if I could eat something other than ranch and ceasar. I tried my best to be open minded and I tried them all. No go. But I did make the effect to explore my options.

Another issue I have is textures. My brother and I both do this. He can't stand tomatos b/c of their texture. Meanwhile, I love fresh tomatos and soup texture, but I can't do chucky cooked tomatos. I can't do mushrooms either b/c of the way they feel in my mouth. I can't do any kind of bean except green.

I guess everyone has there "thing" about foods. Now that I'm older I can try new things with an open mind and really make a decision on if I like it or not. That helps a lot when I can add new taste to my palate.

I planned my food on WW, then I began to resent the fact that every min it seemed that I was thinking about food. It became an issue. I felt like instead of making my realtionship better with food I was becoming obessed with it. My relationship with money is much better than with food. I sit down and make a budget for the entire year and I keep my check book up-to-date and plan out any big purchases. Mom taught me about money, she tried to teach me about food, but somehow I wasn't listening.

I wish our friends would have taken those donuts with them last night, but I think I was smart in telling them only to get one donut I liked. I won't eat the rest, so I only have one to contend with and once it is gone I'm golden. I guess there is always gonna be that donut though.

Oatmeal again this morning, not toast though. Mom will probably hit the grocery after she comes home from church, so I'll be able to tell what my choices will be this week. Most of the time I have to stop by during the week to supplement, but thats okay.

I get to spend the day scrubbing my windowsills and blinds and such since the stink bugs that have made my room their home have decided to also make it their bathroom. I'm still trying to figure out what they could possibly be eating in my room to even make a mess.

I'm also excited that the garden we planted is starting to come around after all the rain we've gotten. We will have fresh veggies for me to enjoy this summer!

I plan on getting a workout in today between the cleaning and if I have time to fill some Jewerly making (its a hobby).

PS-anyone have any receipes with healthy veggies. Its a trail for me to find ways to cook veggies that taste good without adding a lot of fats and junk.

Good choices...

Ok..so go throw the donuts out..better yet, drive by a street corner with homeless people and give THEM the donuts. What's the point in keeping them, anyway? :) THEY need the donuts ..YOU don't.

Envy the skinny girl? For what? Because she can eat one pretzel or whatever and put it down? You will be able to one day. It's just for today, you can't. You only have to get through the day here, not the week, month, or year. That's why they call it one day at a time.

You hit a key point about the food..the obsessing part..food is not the enemy..it's a friend..if you are "addicted" to food you might try Overeaters Anonymous..works much like AA..I've known many people who love the progam and do well.

Veggies: I love to use fresh herbs and steam them...I use a lot of basil and thyme. Easy, and quick.

You are doing a GREAT job missy! Keep it up! :)

I wish our friends would have taken those donuts with them last night, but I think I was smart in telling them only to get one donut I liked. I won't eat the rest, so I only have one to contend with and once it is gone I'm golden. I guess there is always gonna be that donut though.

Oatmeal again this morning, not toast though. Mom will probably hit the grocery after she comes home from church, so I'll be able to tell what my choices will be this week. Most of the time I have to stop by during the week to supplement, but thats okay.

I get to spend the day scrubbing my windowsills and blinds and such since the stink bugs that have made my room their home have decided to also make it their bathroom. I'm still trying to figure out what they could possibly be eating in my room to even make a mess.

I'm also excited that the garden we planted is starting to come around after all the rain we've gotten. We will have fresh veggies for me to enjoy this summer!

I plan on getting a workout in today between the cleaning and if I have time to fill some Jewerly making (its a hobby).

PS-anyone have any receipes with healthy veggies. Its a trail for me to find ways to cook veggies that taste good without adding a lot of fats and junk.

Good choices...

Edited by Gathina

Ever try the Ziplock Zip n steam bags? They arent horrible expensive but they steam up veggies in the microwave so it takes like 4-6 minutes and they are great. I wash and reuse the bags a few times before they are too icky to keep. Then I normally eat them with a pinch of salt or butter on them. Sometimes we keep them raw too. Try em they are good that way. We live on a farm so I dont mind vegetables at all I will eat them all ways. The bags work best with broccoli and carrots. Jeff like how potatoes steam up in them.

Ever try the Ziplock Zip n steam bags? They arent horrible expensive but they steam up veggies in the microwave so it takes like 4-6 minutes and they are great. I wash and reuse the bags a few times before they are too icky to keep. Then I normally eat them with a pinch of salt or butter on them. Sometimes we keep them raw too. Try em they are good that way. We live on a farm so I dont mind vegetables at all I will eat them all ways. The bags work best with broccoli and carrots. Jeff like how potatoes steam up in them.

Both great ideas. Maybe I'll steam the veggies in the bags w/ the herbs.

Rosemerry??? Is that a good herb for veggies?

Yeah Rosemary is good if you like it :P I personally hate rosemary, I do mine with oregano sometimes with thyme. Depends on your tastes experiment then it makes it more fun :D I been good today, I had cereal for breakfast and a yougurt, packed a peanutbutter and jelly sandwich for lunch with carrots, and dinner was a slice of pizza, it was smallish. I wasnt hungry at dinner time. :D Lets see how tomorrow goes its gym day tomorrow.

Slow moving this morning. My lower back is swollen. I iced it this morning and hope it works itself out by the end of the day, so I can get in a bike ride.

Wasn't hungry when I woke up, so I grabbed a banana and an "oatmeal on the go bar" with some milk as I headed out the door. The oatmeal on the go has 19 grams of sugar, but its high in fiber and protein.

Took your advice. I went and got some of those bird's eye steam in the bag veggies (I didn't have time to pick out veggies this morning at the store) and I cooked some enriched vitamin and fiber pasta this morning. I plan on putting it with the veggies with some Asian spices I found in the cabinet. I figured if I wanted chicken or something I could run out to the little mart down the street and order a grilled chicken (I've had issues with the taste of chicken after leaving it in our fridge.)

I hope you guys have a good morning and are making good choices.

Hey guys!

Brooke..weekends are also my most hardest definitely. I do really really good during the weekday's and walk more. I have the weekends off from work so it's like having freedom but it's hard to remember to not take the whole weekend off from trying to be healthy.

And your not the only one who hates the feeling of mushrooms..I wish there was a pucking gremlin because I cannot stand them. Yuck.

I am getting weighed in later today and haven't seen my weight in 1 month so I am nervous. I was planning on starving myself today but you know I can only go without lunch..maybe - but not breakfast.

I had one slice of whole wheat toast with a teaspoon of peanut butter and a small glass of skim milk.....with chocolate. LOL :o

Now I am drinking german chocolate cake coffee..which just tastes like regular coffee to me. It does have sugar and half n half. It's one of those machines that only uses a small plastic thing of coffee grinds and automatically opens it and disposes of it. I only do 1 of those even though it doesn't even fill up half of my coffee cup. I guess I should use splenda though.

If I have anything before I weigh in it will be plain fruit or veggies and I'll be drinking water..of course.

Edited by Jesscap5
spelling

I have consistintly read in many medical journals and also fitnesss magazines that even if you are not hungry for it, you should still eat a decent breakfast. The reason is to prevent overdoing it later and starving yourself too much. 19 g of sugar in oatmeal?? That's something like a tablespoon! I saw that Quaker has a 'weight control " oatmeal...have you tried that?

Another interesting fact: that the average american barely eats fruits and vegetbles daily. I am amazed at how many different types there are out there. Maybe nows the time to try something "exotic" that you haven't had before.

You are doing a great job with the baby steps! By the way...what DID You do with the rest of the donuts???

Slow moving this morning. My lower back is swollen. I iced it this morning and hope it works itself out by the end of the day, so I can get in a bike ride.

Wasn't hungry when I woke up, so I grabbed a banana and an "oatmeal on the go bar" with some milk as I headed out the door. The oatmeal on the go has 19 grams of sugar, but its high in fiber and protein.

Took your advice. I went and got some of those bird's eye steam in the bag veggies (I didn't have time to pick out veggies this morning at the store) and I cooked some enriched vitamin and fiber pasta this morning. I plan on putting it with the veggies with some Asian spices I found in the cabinet. I figured if I wanted chicken or something I could run out to the little mart down the street and order a grilled chicken (I've had issues with the taste of chicken after leaving it in our fridge.)

I hope you guys have a good morning and are making good choices.

I have consistintly read in many medical journals and also fitnesss magazines that even if you are not hungry for it, you should still eat a decent breakfast. The reason is to prevent overdoing it later and starving yourself too much. 19 g of sugar in oatmeal?? That's something like a tablespoon! I saw that Quaker has a 'weight control " oatmeal...have you tried that?

Another interesting fact: that the average american barely eats fruits and vegetbles daily. I am amazed at how many different types there are out there. Maybe nows the time to try something "exotic" that you haven't had before.

You are doing a great job with the baby steps! By the way...what DID You do with the rest of the donuts???

Yes, it is a lot of sugar, so I try not to eat those on a daily basis. I took BK with me to the office to eat, so I did eat something this morning just not right when I woke up.

A tablespoon of sugar is usually what I put in my reg. oatmeal. Maybe I can make a step and change over to splenda.

Well I just ate like a whole bag of steamed veggies for half the calories of what I'd normally eat for lunch, so....I ate a banana with breakfast. Fruit is hard b/c it goes bad so quickly and I change my cravings quicker. We were buying low sugar fruit snack cups, but I think they got expensive plus you lose the natural goodness of the fruit when its processed. Like I said we have a garden coming in with watermelons and strawberries, they just aren't quite ready yet.

As for the donuts.....I ate the one that they got for me and I haven't touched the rest. Mom bought them for all us, but it would be rude to throw away someone elses food that they bought. I don't like the other donuts, so I simply told myself that it isn't worth the calories to eat something I don't really like.

That's how I get around leftover pizza (another weakness) I just remember how good it tasted fresh and hot out of the oven and when I look at it in the fridge and know that it will not taste the same, then I know it isn't worth 320 calories per slice.

Trying to talk mom into making homemade pizza again. She used to when I was little. I think it would def. decrease the calories of a favorite especially if we used deer instead of beef or even chicken. HMMMM, sounds like an experiment to me.

Hope everyone is having a productive day.

I have done homemade pizza it actually tastes better to me. I use usually chicken and low fat mozz cheese, I add spinach to my side and jeff like his meats so bacon and pepperoni to his side. I hate warm pepperoni XP