Anybody else ever get a call like this?

loveJake

A co-worker asked me to help him book a cruise. He is a person who does everything last minute and then puts that off. So I get him what I think is a good price, and he agrees it is higher then he wanted but will book it tomorrow, this quote was thru a TA that I use. Well a couple more e-mails with the TA and he still has not booked. Then on Tuesday I saw a sale for his cruise on Carnival site and said go for it, prices will not go any lower. So ok he is ready to book, tomorrow! Well tomorror came and the price went back up. So I called Carnival, tired of bothering my TA, got the price and yes it was up. OK, so now he is not going to cruise, ok my job is done. Then this morning Carnival called me, said they call every 800 number back to see if they booked. No, told her stoy of price increse so he did not go for it. She asked me what the salel price was and said maybe she would be calling me back. What does Carnival now want to do last minute cruise deals calling people who have not booked? Anybody else ever have this happen? By the way this cruise is 6/9, he needs no air. Ans just so you don't slam him too much he is military and being deployed July so money is a factor.

A co-worker asked me to help him book a cruise. He is a person who does everything last minute and then puts that off. So I get him what I think is a good price, and he agrees it is higher then he wanted but will book it tomorrow, this quote was thru a TA that I use. Well a couple more e-mails with the TA and he still has not booked. Then on Tuesday I saw a sale for his cruise on Carnival site and said go for it, prices will not go any lower. So ok he is ready to book, tomorrow! Well tomorror came and the price went back up. So I called Carnival, tired of bothering my TA, got the price and yes it was up. OK, so now he is not going to cruise, ok my job is done. Then this morning Carnival called me, said they call every 800 number back to see if they booked. No, told her stoy of price increse so he did not go for it. She asked me what the salel price was and said maybe she would be calling me back. What does Carnival now want to do last minute cruise deals calling people who have not booked? Anybody else ever have this happen? By the way this cruise is 6/9, he needs no air. Ans just so you don't slam him too much he is military and being deployed July so money is a factor.

Well, if he reeeeaally wanted to go he would have booked. Does he eat meals on time? Does he get in to work on time? We have a habit of doing the things that are important to us when they need to be done, sooooo.... that must mean that this cruise isn't all that important to him. Also, I might call my TA(if I had one) to get some info for him, but then he is on his own. You are not obligated to look after him and make sure he books. If he wants to he will.

I agree. You can't make someone go on a cruise if they really aren't that interested. I go through the motions of collecting cruise prices and scenarios every day. Maybe that's my way of daydreaming myself into a cruise. You did all you could. Don't worry about him. Sounds to me like he will need the cruise more AFTER he returns from Iraq.

And, my prayers and thoughts are with him and his family!!!!!!! p0221.gif

must be catchy...last night an old gal pal..asked if $249 was a good price..Jax/Fascination..she had gone to an online booker...when she goaded me into doing her search...she had NO date in mind..and maybe she would "go solo", ($679, yeegads!)or take a grown son, or maybe his GF too, or maybe all 4 or 5 peeps...I was as helpful as I could be with the info...tips, poss fuel increase, taxes, ports, govt fees???.and didnt want any upper beds!.what was the $249 advertised about ???boy was she pist..(she has been a journalist for 35 yrs, and didnt read the rules) and got rather annoyed with me as the price grew more..as it got to over $2000, and $1000+ deps for them and for all she wanted to do.and she insisted they would all get a passport "anyway".So after 30 min of facts..she said..I'l just go to the Carnival "office" here in town, and play dumb to book a cruze..I said..Gee sweety, that would be a great idea, as a 37 year friendship was a stake...so I let newbies do it for themselves..I sooo wanted to say..go visit the mouse!

I think you all missed the point! :confused: The OP is trying to find out if Carnival is calling people back with lower pricing to entice them into taking a last minute cruise.

Thank you, I already know my coworker is wako in some areas but he is also a Major in the Air Force National Guard. and would do anything for anybody. This is his 3rd deployment since 2001.

After one call to Carnival, I had several calls from Carnival employees asking if I had booked. At that point I hadn't, but all of them gave me the same exact price:D I received two phone calls even after booking. One man was very pushy..........booked with my pvp and told the rest of them that I did and that was finally the end of it.

Karen

Archived