assigned boarding time?

Sea Hag

We sail on the Splendor on 5/31, and I just got another call from Carnival. I find this odd. Never had a cruiseline call me before at all that I can remember, and this is two calls this week.

They were calling to tell me what my "assigned boarding time" is. They said we're assigned to board between 2:00 PM and 4:00 PM. Is this normal for Carnival? Do they give different time assignments to different people? Or does everybody get the same assignment?

When I sail on Splendor 6/14, I plan to leave here before 11 and when I show up, I show up--call or no call! :)

There may be a big line, but I seriously doubt they have any idea who got a call for when.

This happened on our May Pride cruise. The message said our assigned time was 2-4. We arrived at 11:30 and no one said a word. We were one of the first groups on the ship. :o

I think the ships that don't come into port till later in the morning , make the embarkation time later to be able to turn over the ship.:)

Never heard of such a thing!!! :eek: :) Guessing they are trying to limit the number of passengers that show up early, but now with the new rulings that 'we' have to be aboard 90 minutes prior to sailing, I can't imagine they would want a bunch of people showing up between 2 and 4..:confused:

Wonder what is going on...?:rolleyes:

I think these phone calls will only keep the newbies away until 2pm. As we all know we would like to get on as early as we can.

BTW: What type does that ship scheduled to leave if they are requesting you

to be there a 2PM?

We've always shown up between 11 AM and 130 PM and never been turned away!:) I'm pretty sure the new regulations state you have to be 'on board' 90 minutes before sailaway.. 2 PM would be pushing it for a 4 PM sailing..:rolleyes:;)

Archived