Skyway Bridge

What time or how long after you leave the Tampa port do you pass under the Skyway? Ive done Tampa cruises before and never noticed the time because we always had late seating. This time we have early seating and I'm wondering if it will impact it.

What time or how long after you leave the Tampa port do you pass under the Skyway? Ive done Tampa cruises before and never noticed the time because we always had late seating. This time we have early seating and I'm wondering if it will impact it.

Last summer on the Legend we left port at exactly 4:00 p.m. and went under the bridge at 6:05 p.m. (I know because it was in my review and I actually kept accurate times).

Hope that helps.

Earlier this year on the Inspiration, we had early seating and were in the middle of appetizers when we went under the bridge. Luckily we were right next to a window but I would've loved to be up on top.

First two cruises out of my hometown port TPA and we were sitting down at early seating. Last two cruises we had late seating and got to enjoy the view from the ship. It did give me a different perspective even though I have driven across it numerous times and even walked the entire bridge (one-way) when it opened many many moons ago.

We ended up liking the late seating as it allowed us more flexibility with the ports for both the Inspiration and Legend itineraries (i.e. we didn't miss dinner or have to come back early to make it).

We are taking our first non-tampa cruise 9/2 out of Vancouver - I hope for wonderful sights and a little curious about how different the experience will be since all 4 have been W. Carrib.

Either way, I'm sure I'll make do:D

Thanks for the information. I feel much better now. I have early seating in July and was afraid I would miss the Skybridge. I hear you shouldn't miss it.

Yes, it's a "don't miss" for sure. However, if you have early seating, it will be during dinner when you go under the bridge. We just skipped the dining room that first night and did the buffet. That's also one of the reasons we opted for Anytime Dining for our upcoming cruise on the Legend. The bridge makes for some spectacular photo ops!;)

Archived