Still Proud of the Pride - 5/23 Review with pics!

bcs819

It's great to hear a positive review! ??? about cabanas, Was #8 in the shade all day? We are sun sensitive and want a cabana for that reason. Also do you know what time the excursion desk opened? Thanks!

It wasn't totally shaded, but it was next to a tree with hammocks, so you had plenty of options to stay out of the sun. The excursion desk opens when they start boarding.

BCS189 - wonderful review, gorgeous pictures. I do have a question. I participated in "QUEST" on RCI. I've never see the game on any Carnival ship.

I can understand Carnival imitating RCI and having a similar game. It is a HOOT and very suited to Carnival. However, I can't believe they couldn't come up with their own name for the game.

Are you sure it was the same type game as the one on RCI. We are on the Pride in Nov and I don't want to start rumors amongst my group.

thanks

it is the same. NCL also calls it Quest.

I have a question about the Cabana. How many people will fit in one?

There are a total of 8 of us. 4 adults, a 19, 15, 13, and 9 year old. I'm just wondering if 1 cabana would work for us.

Just like the others, thanks for such a great review. After reading and seeing all your photos, we are even more excited about our cruise. We're on the Pride July 24!

Thanks again!

The price is for 4 people. You have to pay an extra $50 per person for each other person you want to officially be in it. You could technically have 6 people in it at once, as there are 4 chairs around the table, and 2 loungers. Anyone else would have to stand. I wouldn't pay for anyone extra. They didn't monitor it. The extra $50pp would entitle you to two more cans of soda, and snorkel equipment. We were never in all at the same time, and we had all our stuff on chairs on the beach in front of our cabana, so we went back and forth. Hope this helps.

bcs819 - You did an excellent review of your cruise and the pictures were great. We sail on 7/17. We being 2 families with 4 children ages - 12 - 18, will be also stopping at Freeport. I cannot find one single thing to do, do you have any suggestions? Maybe a good beach with jet skiis! Thanks

Many families with kids go to "Our Lucaya" which is the public beach area. I hear it is cheap and nice.

• 3 weeks later...

Bernie~ Thanks for your very picturesque review. It was great. I do have a question about the cabana rental. It seems I had read on another thread that they rented the cabana's in numerical order, and if you wanted one of a high number, you had to wait around or keep checking back. What I got from your review, was that you got to the desk and told them which one you wanted to rent. Please fill me in on how it worked for you.

Thanks again for the great review.

Bernie~ Thanks for your very picturesque review. It was great. I do have a question about the cabana rental. It seems I had read on another thread that they rented the cabana's in numerical order, and if you wanted one of a high number, you had to wait around or keep checking back. What I got from your review, was that you got to the desk and told them which one you wanted to rent. Please fill me in on how it worked for you.

we walked up to the excursion desk and said we wanted to rent a cabana in HMC. The guy behind the desk pulled out a sheet listing the colors/numbers - I didn't look at it. I asked if #8 or#9 was available, he said they both were. We booked # 8, then he asked how many people, and shoe sizes for flippers, what kind of soda each would like, and listed all the other things that were included. There were only about 20 people getting on the ship in front of us (besides the wedding party), and no one was at the desk when we got there, so I don't think all those cabanas were taken already ( 1-7). Hope this helps!

We got number 8, when several of the lower numbered ones were not taken.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi Bernie: Thanks for the review and pics. We leave on the Pride on 5/9 and I have a question for you. Where did you go to have the pics done at the piano? We want some just like that. Thanks for your time.

They were one of the many photo stations set up on formal night. I believe it was near the dining room (of me and him), but the ones with my sister were someplace closer to the center of the ship, but there are a lot of options. Just wander around till you see it!

• 2 years later...

Archived