Still Proud of the Pride - 5/23 Review with pics!

bcs819

I'm confuzzled.

If you don't care about getting off the ship early, what kind of debarkation should you choose?

I'd like to stay on as long as we can... either eating breakfast in our rooms, or in the MDR. We have a short drive back, and feel no need to rush.

What do you recommend?

General Debarkation. Put the luggage outside your door with whatever tag they give you. Then you can stay until they make you leave :)

Loved your review! Question on the cabanas ... Any clue how early they sell out? We want to get one. We don't have priority boarding.

we were on the ship early, and they were all still available. The guy said they do go fast, though, so I would get to the ship early to get on early. When you board the ship, the excursion desk is about 20 feet away, go there first. Also, if you're interested in the Dune Buggies in Grand Turk, they sell out WEEKS before. My sister and her BF got on the waiting list, but the guy said no one ever cancels on that.

we were on the ship early, and they were all still available. The guy said they do go fast, though, so I would get to the ship early to get on early. When you board the ship, the excursion desk is about 20 feet away, go there first. Also, if you're interested in the Dune Buggies in Grand Turk, they sell out WEEKS before. My sister and her BF got on the waiting list, but the guy said no one ever cancels on that.

Thanks Bernie- that was our plan - get there early, just wasn't sure how early! We have around 2 1/2 hour drive from NJ. Sounds like an early breakfast on the road and a nice wait at the pier is in my future in August! Glad to see from your pictures there's plenty of parking so we should be fine if we're there before passengers disembark.:rolleyes:

Thanks Bernie- that was our plan - get there early, just wasn't sure how early! We have around 2 1/2 hour drive from NJ. Sounds like an early breakfast on the road and a nice wait at the pier is in my future in August! Glad to see from your pictures there's plenty of parking so we should be fine if we're there before passengers disembark.:rolleyes:

there were already some new passengers pulling in at 9:30 when we arrived back in port. I would go early, watch the ship pull in, and read or play cards until you can board. Have fun!

We are looking at cruising the Pride Aug 1st next year. Waiting for the 2010 MLB schedule to come out to book:rolleyes: DS wants to catch a game while there.

With VIP embarkation how early would you get there? We are also going to rent a cabana so want to on quickly.

Thanks for the pictures and review, makes me more anxious!!:p

We are looking at cruising the Pride Aug 1st next year. Waiting for the 2010 MLB schedule to come out to book:rolleyes: DS wants to catch a game while there.

With VIP embarkation how early would you get there? We are also going to rent a cabana so want to on quickly.

Thanks for the pictures and review, makes me more anxious!!:p

the time we arrived was just about perfect. I would aim to be there around noon again.

the time we arrived was just about perfect. I would aim to be there around noon again.

Thanks again..that was awesome. Here is a dumb question.. We will have VIP boarding as well. We also want to rent a Cabana, so we want to get on as early as possible. I don't mind waiting in line; however, I have a medical condition that makes it sometimes necessary to get to a ladies room with not much warning. Are there facilities in the outside waiting areas?

Thanks again..that was awesome. Here is a dumb question.. We will have VIP boarding as well. We also want to rent a Cabana, so we want to get on as early as possible. I don't mind waiting in line; however, I have a medical condition that makes it sometimes necessary to get to a ladies room with not much warning. Are there facilities in the outside waiting areas?

That is definitely NOT a dumb question...I don't have an answer however.

Our sailaway party was fun, we had brought Southern Comfort, Amaretto, Coconut Rum and Vodka in Rum Runners, as well as 2 12-packs of soda. We have a soft collapsible cooler that we left $10 on during the muster drill and it was full of ice all week.

What size rum runners did you take, and how did you pack them. All in seperate suitcases or all in one. Just curious, looking at buying some for July but not sure what sizes to get.

What size rum runners did you take, and how did you pack them. All in seperate suitcases or all in one. Just curious, looking at buying some for July but not sure what sizes to get.

bought the cruiser kit, came with 4. The large one held an entire bottle of Southern Comfort and then some. The medium held about half a bottle of Amaretto. The small ones (2) held about a cup and half. We have used them 4 times now. Full, they all fit in one gallon size freezer bag. They were in one suitcase. Since we drove, we splurged and took a 4th small rolling bag which held 3 bottles of wine, 2 12-packs of soda, a box of Pom-tinis and the collapsible cooler. It came home empty :) Just make sure you have locks on your luggage and you'll be fine. We also had our two legal bottles of wine in the carryon. They did ask me if I was traveling with someone since I had 2 bottles, and then waived me thru.

Not sure which area you mean? There were restrooms in the Cruise Terminal, which was mostly enclosed. There were also restrooms on Half Moon Cay, but not in your own cabana. The restrooms were located right between cabana#8 and #9, but set back about 15 feet. They were VERY close.

Archived